Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84965 - 07/28/09 11:17 AM Online Madrid TV schedule
colenot Offline

Since I spend a lot of time at home working online, I have the TV on for background ambience.

I've gotten a little hooked on some TV shows that I never really watched in the states.

These tv shows come on daily, then disappear for a while, then come back and forth and so on...

I would like to be able to view a schedule online to see what, when, and where (channel) the tv shows are playing.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

#84971 - 07/29/09 03:40 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Are you asking about any channel or program in particular? Surely each network has website and online schedule.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84972 - 07/29/09 05:42 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

I guess an all in one place. Kinda like cable back in the states. you can go to the website and see all channels and their programs times for the day each day.

http://www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings/

enter my old zip code= 90036

I don't have cable here, just regular channels, but still would like to see a central place with all listings.

Thanks!

#84974 - 07/29/09 07:41 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

While I'm not positive, I don't think there is an all-in-one TV Guide for Spanish TV - or at least I've never seen one.

Plus, I don't think Cable TV even exists in Spain as we have it in the USA, no fiber-optic underground cables carrying television broadcasts (or internet, for that matter). Here, they only have the new TDT and Satellite.

The only place I remember reading that they had real fiber-optic cable (for internet modems) was in (some of the buildings of) the financial district and the new(is) convention centers of Madrid.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84975 - 07/29/09 10:08 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

Yeah, I'm not looking for cable or satellite. Just a plane tv guide for the normal channels.

I'm sure that I'll stumble upon something someday...

Thanks.

#84976 - 07/29/09 10:24 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
For terrestial , and some digital stations ( canal+ etc.. ) you can get the weekly guides to Tv in a magazine called "Semana" .. It´s been going for years but is a gossip magazine ( good fun ) and then TV guide at the back .

Steve

#84977 - 07/29/09 11:37 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

steve robinson's "The Man"!

You can find the page he's talking about at http://www.semana.es/ and click "televisión". There, you DO get a list SATELLITE shows for the current hour (only) as well as links to the different public/free stations - none of which (currently) work, by the way. I'd guess you could always buy the weekly magazine "SEMANA" for the shows and times, however.

Saludos, MadridMan

#84995 - 07/30/09 04:06 PM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

Thanks guys! Actually, on the Semana.es site, the links don't work but those links were provided by this site- http://www.miguiatv.com/

which is exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Hey, another question. So, I've been watching Smallville the past couple of months in english, but for some reason, tonight it is was in spanish WITHOUT an english option.
This happened to a couple of other shows yesterday where it was in spanish only, when they normally offered both spanish or english versions.

I did nothing different with my tv settings.

Anyone know why this happened and how to get those shows back in english?

Thanks!

#84999 - 07/31/09 02:39 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for the http://www.miguiatv.com/ link! That's very useful!

You haven't told us if you have a traditional (free) antenna TV or the new (and free) TDT (Digital Terrestrial TV). On TDT, if you set up your receiver box, you can choose the default as ENGLISH option - but the English/American shows don't always get broadcasted in English. I've noticed that myself on TeleMadrid which usually plays American movies in English on TDT (with my settings to the ENGLISH default option on the box) but sometimes they're only shown in Spanish.

I'm guessing that if you WERE watching Smallville on (free) TV that you do have TDT on the TV. However, more and more prime time American series are being shown in English with (automatic) Spanish subtitles. They've done this several times with episodes of HOUSE. Did your English-language Smallville episodes have Spanish subtitles? If not, it may be a setting in your TDT converter box - assuming you have TDT.

Does your TV have TDT built-in or do you have a TDT converter box? Take a look at your TDT settings to be sure you get ENGLISH broadcasts when/where available.

Saludos, MadridMan

#85004 - 07/31/09 08:51 AM Re: Online Madrid TV schedule [Re: MadridMan]
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Why only checking the schedule when you can watch the Spanish TV channel online?. Check out this site: Ver TDT Gratis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1569 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments