Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84555 - 06/08/09 08:58 PM Rooms in Madrid
samuel Offline

Hello, Is it necessary to have reservations in Madrid close to the Puerta del sol or the Plaza Mayor or can we find a room for 2 by just walking around and looking in the side streets? Something inexpensive, if such a thing exists. Thanks for your help. Samuel

#84581 - 06/11/09 05:44 AM Re: Rooms in Madrid [Re: samuel]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Is it necessary? No, but it is a good idea. You may have to go to several locations, lugging your luggage to each one until you find one in your budget. "Hostales" are the cheapest private lodging option in Madrid. Doubles can start at 35 Euros with shared bathroom.

It's always a good idea to visit the websites of a number of them so you can know their location, prices, and see photos of their rooms. That way, when you find one you recognize, if they have a room available, you'll know what you're getting into before entering or going upstairs to the room.

Best of luck and enjoy your time in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84587 - 06/11/09 12:52 PM Re: Rooms in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I've done it that way before but it was the off-season in February. It was a fun adventure.

If nothing else, I would at least reserve a first night somewere, then seek out something else.

Good luck!

#84787 - 07/05/09 07:48 PM Re: Rooms in Madrid [Re: Rodolfo]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Do you just want a room and bath? E-mail me and I will give you info about the place my husband and I will stay in.

#84788 - 07/06/09 07:59 AM Re: Rooms in Madrid [Re: Carole Chiaro]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Don´t try that in Bilbao though ... We turned up without a room . I eventually got something for €85 per night and my friend spent half the day trying to get something cheaper for himself . Bilbao´s a small city !!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2380 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments