Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#84753 - 06/30/09 11:24 AM Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation?
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.

Re:Cercaninas

I'm I understanding this correct?

From the airport to Sol is it now as simple as:

Barajas to Nuevos Ministerios

N.M. to Sol

I read that N.M. to Sol is a 4 minute ride.

Thanks

Edited by MadridMan (06/30/09 12:46 PM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#84756 - 06/30/09 01:11 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't think this cercanías line is finished yet but I remember reading something about it in these days when the new SOL Cercanías station opened.

I just found in WikiPedia the following quote:
Quote:
When finished in 2009, a single Cercanías Line will link Madrid Barajas Terminal 4, with Chamartín Station and Atocha AVE high-speed train stations

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84760 - 06/30/09 04:06 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
Thanks!

It looks to me like that is the plan though, no?

In this link, if you enter N.M. as the station of origen, and Sol destino, then click "Horarios" you get a train schedule.

http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/madrid/index_horarios.html

#84761 - 07/01/09 04:08 AM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ah yes. I'm not familiar with the stops along the two lines (C3 & C4) which go to SOL but yes, Nuevos Ministerios is one of them and takes about 4 minutes to make the trip.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85140 - 08/23/09 10:58 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: MadridMan]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Has anyone done the route from the airport through Nuevos Ministerios on the cercanias? I am assuming it is more accessible than some of the old Metro connections with more escalators and elevators. What is the connection from the metro to cercanias like. Is the Metro ticket good on the Cercanias? I know in Paris to connect from the RER to the Metro can be a long distance, but the tickets are compatible.

#85143 - 08/24/09 02:50 AM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: Mongo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´d be interested to hear about that . I always take the metro to the airport and it´s fine ( And very cheap ) .

#85276 - 09/16/09 01:33 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you will go to ground floor for ticketing at nuevos ministerios to get to Cercanias, I have taken the route NM to AR or nuevos ministerios to atocha renfe very nice ride and direct. closer than the RER in Paris, i know both ::)

Of course ,everybody has it own habits, so the thing is to try yourself.

#85396 - 10/01/09 10:02 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: pedmar]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

I took it last week from Sol to the aiport several times, transferring at Nuevos Ministerios. I like the fact that it is one stop to/from the airport, there are no stairs and it cuts a few minutes off the journey time. The extra fare isn't that significant. (1.20 euros)

#85406 - 10/04/09 02:16 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: Mongo]
doragil30 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Mongo,
Is it just 1 stop at Nuevos Ministerios to get from the airport to Sol? Do you change to another line at NM? I am arriving at Terminal 4 next month & this sounds very convenient. I couldn't find the route online, though. How long is the trip from Barajas to Sol? Thanks for any info!

#85407 - 10/04/09 02:27 PM Re: Madrid: New Airport to Sol transportation? [Re: doragil30]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

It is 1 transfer only from the airport at NM. There are three or four stops on the metro end of the trip (No change of trains). The time saving is reletive to the time of day. In mid-day I made it from Sol to the metro station in the old Barajas in 20 minutes. My trip during morning rush hour was more like 35. Remember you have to buy an additional ticket for the Cercanias. The biggest plus for me was not to have to drag luggage up stairs.

Edited by Mongo (10/04/09 02:28 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2575 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments