Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#84694 - 06/22/09 03:01 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By colenot
Just found a promising one here!
http://madrid.salir.com/taqueria_del_alamillo
I hope to give it a shot soon!

colenot, I've been to this place too. Thanks for bringing it up because I can never remember its name. It's called Taquería del Alamillo and is on Plaza del Alamillo, 8, between Plaza de Andrés and the Calle de Segovia, about 30 meters from the Calle de Segovia.

There, they have indoor and outdoor (covered) seating. I think it's best to have a reservation as we had to wait (or be seated by the door). It's a popular and VERY out-of-the-way place. The food was good, as I remember, but it was because of this place which made me write my blog entry, "Americans Don't Like Spanish Food, and Vice Versa". THIS is the Mexican place I mention there. Most of my Spanish friends didn't like it but I was pleased with it. It was kind of expensive, I thought, and the waiters had to explain what MANY of the items were on the menu, even I'd never heard of them.

Some photos...

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84695 - 06/22/09 08:33 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: MadridMan]
colenot Offline

Sounds good. Thanks for the breakdown. Too bad the waiter had to explain many thing on the menu. That tells me that it's not what I'm craving for, but still worth a shot!

#84696 - 06/22/09 08:44 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
There is a good mexican restaurant in Claudio Coello just north of Calle Goya. It is a bit dark inside, but the food was good when I went there a few years ago.

#84698 - 06/23/09 12:08 PM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
colenot Offline

Thanks! By any chance, is this called Rosalindas? I was doing a Google search and saw the name come up, along with one or two others.

#84703 - 06/24/09 02:24 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

I can't remember what it is called, but it is only about 100 metres from Calle Goya.

#84706 - 06/24/09 05:31 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Well . I´m going to La Taquería del Alamillo for lunch today with a Peruvian friend . I´ll report back .

#84716 - 06/24/09 04:24 PM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: steve robinson]
colenot Offline

Originally Posted By steve robinson
Well . I´m going to La Taquería del Alamillo for lunch today with a Peruvian friend . I´ll report back .

Can't wait to hear back! Have a great time.

#84718 - 06/25/09 04:51 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah, me too, steve robinson. How was your lunch at La Taquería del Alamillo?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84719 - 06/25/09 07:13 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
Marisa419 Offline

Loc: Madrid, España
There is a good, but expensive, Mexican restaurant very close to Plaza de España called La Mordida.

It is really bright and colorful inside, and the food has been great each time I've gone.

Its located right before Plaza de España, in the square that has a McDonald's, Starbucks, and a few banks.

#84720 - 06/25/09 07:55 AM Re: Any Authentic Mexican Restaurants in Madrid? [Re: colenot]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

I remember now that this restaurant was named after the plant that they use to make Tequila (I can never remember what it is called)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments