MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85122 - 08/20/09 05:29 PM Re: Spanish Cheese at Costco, USA! [Re: laduque]
JAcosta Offline

Loc: Los Angeles Calif.
Originally Posted By laduque
JAcosta, we used to go up there just for La Espanola, now in SD, there are a couple of little Spanish markets that deal in only Spanish products from La Espanola. We need a Spanish Table store in Southern Cal!

Glad to know you have the stores in SD. Where in SD to you live, a long time ago I graduated from UCSD.

Let me know if you ever make a trip to La Espanola! Be happy to have an excuse to order a Paella from there and enjoy with someone.

Edited by JAcosta (08/20/09 05:32 PM)

#85146 - 08/24/09 12:00 PM Re: Spanish Cheese at Costco, USA! [Re: laduque]
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
JAcosta-
I live about 15 minutes from LaEspanola also. It's a tiny store but it feels like I'm stepping into a little market in Spain. On Saturdays they make a homeade (very authentic) paella. You need to phone in your order ahead of time and can pick up to take home or sit on the covered outside patio and enjoy (with several other families). The woman who started the store is from Valencia so it's the real thing. All of the spanish sausages are made on site and are wonderful. I love the pamplona chorizo and the chistorra is excellent. They also have an incredible selectin of cheeses (my costco doesn't have any spanish cheeses).

You should go some time - but it's addictiing!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2063 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments