MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84481 - 05/27/09 08:38 AM Re: Hostal Bianco Madrid [Re: karenr]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Karenr,

I am going to give you the low-down on what we liked in that area of town, but I an going to start a new thread in the Food and Drink section with the subject C/Echegaray. Too much info and it is kind of off the hotel subject. Some stuff you may find in travel books, but others not. I find that more often than not the restaurants in the books do not live up to what is written about them.

Jenny

Edited by sparkalina (05/27/09 08:40 AM)

#84501 - 05/28/09 05:27 PM Re: Hostal Bianco Madrid [Re: La Sorpresa]
karenr Offline

Loc: ohio
I'd appreciate any suggestions for Calle Echegaray. It'll be my son's 18th birthday while we're in Madrid and I want to take the family to a real fun, typical Madrileño restaurant that night. I'm thinking of El Botín for a touristy dinner but maybe someone can give us a better suggestion. He's looking forward to the carnivore menus...and then the seafood in Andalucía.

#84502 - 05/28/09 05:42 PM Re: Hostal Bianco Madrid [Re: karenr]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
there is a great tapas restaurant with a good atmosphere just the other side of Plaza Mayor (very touristy area) called "Maestro Villa". The best thing about the place is that inside they have hundreds of bottles on the walls from every single region of Spain - plenty of wine to choose from :-)

I don't know where Calle Echegaray is, but before living in Madrid I always went to that restuarant on visits. Great to sit outside on a nice evening.

Also, in Plaza Santa Ana is a micro-brewery call Naturbier - not particuarly Spanish food but downstairs all the tables have their own beer taps where you can overdue the consumption of their home brewed beer. Be warned though, you WILL have a hangover.

Both places are very touristy, but with a good atmosphere.

#84506 - 05/29/09 09:29 AM Re: Hostal Bianco Madrid [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Karenr,

I just posted another one for you in the food section about a great place for cochinillo (Museo del Vino)
Jen

ok - maybe not JUST for you, but you get my drift smirk

Don't forget to stop in La Venencia and see if you are as smitten with the place as I was. They probably miss me as I was one of their most frequent customers... HA HA

#84525 - 05/31/09 10:02 PM Re: Hostal Bianco Madrid [Re: La Sorpresa]
karenr Offline

Loc: ohio
We'll definitely try la Venencia! I think I figured out why the towels feel like sandpaper. I dried my towels outdoors this week (warm & sunny days again) and noticed that they felt like sandpaper after I showered! They probably hang them on the line to save on the dryer costs. I'm really getting psyched about our trip!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2865 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments