Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84477 - 05/27/09 12:04 AM Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport
hollie Offline

My friend and I are going to Barcelona in early June. We'll be flying in from different cities (New York and San Francisco) via different airlines (American Airline and US Air). Our flights are supposed to arrive in Barcelona within 10 minutes of each other. For those of you that are familiar with the El Prat Airport, can you suggest a meeting place inside the airport so me and my friend can find each other? Please take into consideration that one of our flights may delay so a place where there are seats for us to sit down and wait. Unfortunately, we will not have use of a cell phone to connect. Thank you.

#84492 - 05/28/09 11:50 AM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: hollie]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
This is a good question, hollie. Wish I could help, too, but I've never been in the Barcelona El Prat Airport (yet). Surely we have someone who has, though.

Saludos, BarcelonaMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84494 - 05/28/09 01:40 PM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: MadridMan]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Erm, perhaps the bar...?

#84499 - 05/28/09 04:04 PM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I'm not that familiar with the airport itself as I haven't really paid attention to details when I've arrived there, but after a bit of looking around, I did find a website for the airport as well as information for arrivals. You will have to go through passport control, get your bags, and then go through customs. Then, you could wait in the arrivals hall for your friend (or vice versa, depending on who arrives first).

It looks as though American Airlines arrives in Terminal A; I don't see US Air on this list, so I'm guessing it's a codeshare flight with another airline in the Star Alliance such as Spanair or Lufthansa. If you are going to be landing in different terminals, then you should decide which one you want to meet in. And, you should obviously have each other's flight information so that you can check the display monitors in case there is a delay of one or both of the flights.

You can see more information, and click on maps of the arrivals halls, here. It looks like there are three places to eat in Terminal B and one place in Terminal A, so you might choose one of those as your meeting spot.

Good luck!

#84516 - 05/30/09 02:04 PM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
both airlines are in terminal A at Prats
best is Medas resto or cerveceria stand past customs/passport controls. Its very close you are so carry something that will id afar,hat etc.

#84678 - 06/21/09 12:23 PM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: hollie]
hollie Offline

Just came back from Spain. My flight was late by 1 hour into Barcelona but me and my friend had no problem finding each other in the arrival hall. The link to the map of the airport provided by La Historiadora really helped, thank you. Also thanks to Pedmar who told us that both US Airways and AA are in Terminal A. You guys rock.

#84684 - 06/21/09 04:57 PM Re: Meeting point in Barcelona El Prat airport [Re: hollie]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

hollie,
I hope you had a great time in Spain and I'm glad the map was so helpful. It took awhile to find that map on the website, but it really seems to be useful!
Saludos,
la historiadora smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments