MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#83648 - 01/17/09 02:01 PM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: Jim Costello]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
well dont get me started, but i think all of Madrid is great, as my signature says, expand it to from Madrid to heaven, i used to lived there.
NOw if I have to choose against the firing squad, then I would choose the Santiago Bernabeu stadium ,home of my beloved Real Madrid FC team ,and I was a former alavin/benjamin division player in that organization ::)

#84432 - 05/18/09 12:47 PM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: Bill from NYC]
jaytuk Offline

Originally Posted By Bill from NYC
My favorite spot in Madrid is Muse del Prado.

I would have to say that place is a great place. Probably my favorite.

#84437 - 05/19/09 05:08 AM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: jaytuk]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Numero uno favorite spot is Retiro Park on a Sunday Morning when all the street performers are 'working.'smile

Numero dos is a split decision: sitting at the terraza of Cafeteria Iowa on c/Serrano, having a refresco and watching the ladies stroll by; smile
or doing the same (without the refresco) among the Reyes Godos at Parque de Oriente thumbsup

#84438 - 05/19/09 11:49 AM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: Eddie]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hmmm, a tough one.

The Bernabeu is pretty cool (i did a 2 week project there last month so I got to see plenty of the 'off limits' areas such as the dressing rooms) :-)

I think my favourite place in the centre of Madrid would be either kicking back with a beer on a terrace in Pintor de Rosales or perhaps relaxing in Plaza de Colon (when the skateboarders finally take a break).

In the Communidad de Madrid though, it definetely is Puerto de Cotos/Peñalara. The walk is fantastic and the view is incredible.

#84446 - 05/21/09 02:59 PM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
The skateboarders are pretty prolific in Pza de Colon ... "Pintor de Rosales" I have to check where this is 1

#84459 - 05/24/09 05:29 AM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Pintor de Rosales is the street parallel with Princesa, running along the edge of Casa de Campo. It joins with the road that comes up from Puente de los Frances going through the park (the road that they close at weekends to disrupt the prostitution and the big gathering of the South Americans that used to block the entire road for the whole weekend).

IIRC, it is also where the teleferico starts.

#84468 - 05/25/09 11:34 AM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
And the telerifico is a "must do" up to the top of Casa del Campo . On a week day in summer it´s beautiful !

#84470 - 05/25/09 05:18 PM Re: Favourite spots - Madrid [Re: steve robinson]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Never done it to be honest, it is one of those things i have seen plenty of times but never fancied. I guess I should get to it.

Now if only they would reopen the Faro at Moncloa, I am dying to go up there. Anyone know if there are plans to reopen it (if they haven't done so already)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments