Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84455 - 05/23/09 12:31 PM English Speaking Doctors
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed elsewhere (here or in other boards) but where does one go English speaking doctors and or healthcare. I'm thinking of switching to a different private healthcare plan. I have Sanitas but the service is crap!!! You call the English helpline and you only get a message saying they'll call you back but they never do.

thanks

#84456 - 05/23/09 12:57 PM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Rob in Madrid]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Where does one go in Spain to find English-speaking doctors? That's a toughy. I'd imagine going through the yellow-pages for your particular city.

Also, go to the SpainExpat.com page on English-speaking doctors in Madrid (I assume you're asking about Madrid, correct?). Just below that list is another of English-speaking Medical Groups (Clinics).

I've found that in hospitals many doctors speak decent English but this is not the case for general health-maintenance.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84471 - 05/26/09 06:43 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: MadridMan]
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

I just got off the telephone with Sanitas, you just call the normal line (as vs the english line) and ask to speak English. So I got the information I needed.

Also I am slowly learning Spanish, I'm here long term so I at least need to get survial spanish

#84472 - 05/26/09 09:13 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Rob in Madrid]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Also, if you have the Sanitas directory guide that lists all doctors in Spain, it states whether the doctor speaks a foreign language, and which one.

You normally get the directory posted to you, but if you use the website to search for a doctor it will tell you if the doctor speaks another language.

#84478 - 05/27/09 02:49 AM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I think I've seen an advert for one in the free English language paper that is in most of the Irish pubs, On Madrid I believe is its name. There are certainly ads for dentists and PC engineers. I do know a good cardiologist, is you specifically need help in this area.

Re Sanitas, I'm with Asisa, completely useless too with regards to filling in forms and obtaining authorisation.

#84514 - 05/30/09 01:46 PM Re: English Speaking Doctors [Re: Jamongris]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
the US embassy American Citizen Services keeps a list, if the request is from an American citizen. I would imagine other countries should have such a list too,check with your Embassy.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments