Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84240 - 04/13/09 10:25 PM Avila: Coin Operated Laundries?
Bateswriter Offline

How can I find out if there are coin operated laundries in Avila? My husband and I will be staying in Spain for two weeks, but carry only enough clothes for one week, as we travel with carryon luggage only. I can usually find anything on the 'net, but Googling in Spanish is getting the best of me!

Edited by MadridMan (04/13/09 11:36 PM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#84241 - 04/13/09 10:35 PM Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: Bateswriter]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Public laundries don't seem to be very widespread in Spain from what I've seen in my travels there, but I could be mistaken.

Are you only staying in Avila? I can recommend a laundromat in Madrid, and it has Internet access and a coin machine. Last summer I went to Onda Blu which is near Plaza Santa Ana. It's on Calle de Leon (number 3) in between Calle del Prado and Calle de Cervantes. The staff there is very friendly.

Edited by MadridMan (04/13/09 11:37 PM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#84251 - 04/14/09 12:40 PM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: la historiadora]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
do not think you will find any but try the yellow pages, paginasamarillas.es

#84269 - 04/15/09 07:59 PM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: la historiadora]
Bateswriter Offline

Thanks for this one. We will be in Madrid for a few days, so I'll just rearrange my priorities!

#84304 - 04/26/09 12:07 PM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: Bateswriter]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
I just hand wash stuff as we go. I leave items on hangers over the bath/shower to drip, then move them near to the Air Con/room fan/window to finish drying. It only takes a few minutes each day. Clothes hung to dry early evening, should easily be ready by the next morning.
() / ()

#84307 - 04/27/09 03:30 AM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: Jan D]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Bateswriter, be sure to stop into the tourist office upon arriving in Ávila. Surely they'd know where to direct you.

By the way, do coin-op laundries in Spain even have driers? My first guess is that they don't but maybe they have those cool all-in-one machines which wash-AND-dry.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84328 - 04/29/09 12:30 PM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
When I first arrived in Madrid and was staying in Hostal Cervantes , I used to go to a local laundromat ... Nothing fancy .. but you could wash , dry and even opt to have your clothes ironed there and then . And it was cheap . Great place to meet people too ! Steve

#84333 - 04/29/09 10:37 PM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Originally Posted By MadridMan

By the way, do coin-op laundries in Spain even have driers? My first guess is that they don't but maybe they have those cool all-in-one machines which wash-AND-dry.

Saludos, MadridMan

The Onda Blu laundry to which I previously referred does indeed have separate driers. MadridMan, you should take a stroll down there to check it out on your way to Plaza Santa Ana for a caña! smile

#84336 - 04/30/09 03:30 AM Re: Avila: Coin Operated Laundries? [Re: la historiadora]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
la historiadora, I can't think of a better excuse to go to the laundromat. hehehe...

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments