I just got back from a wonderful trip in Barcelona and stayed in the Pension Casa Goya. First of all the location is great. It's just a few minutes walk from Universitat so it makes it very convenient from the Aerobus and to also use the metro.I like the fact that it is very central but not in the middle of the chaos that is Las Ramblas. I had read online that it was hard to find as there wasn't a large sign. This is true. It is labeled on the buzzer but there is no street sign. As long as you are aware of this and know the address this is not a problem. The room I had reserved was a single. The rate of 35 EUR a night especially during the Easter holiday was unbeatable. Apparently most of the rooms have been refurbished and the single room hasn't. The room was clean however the tile was old and stained and the walls could have used a fresh coat of pain. With this being said the room did have a safe, TV, minibar,kettle to make tea and coffee and private bathroom with a shower. For the rate I paid I think it was a good deal but I think if I stayed there again I would book a double room. I checked out a couple of the rooms that have been refurbished and they really are much nicer. A couple of things to note there is no lift so that is something to consider if you have heavy luggage as you do need to go up a flight of stairs and there is no one to help with luggage. Also the staff although very helpful speak very limited and in some cases no English. I speak very basic high school Spanish 101 and got by fine but I think it's worth mentioning just in case someone would be more comfortable staying someplace with staff that speak more English. Overall I think it was a good value and would recommend it to others.

Edited by MadridMan (04/20/09 03:44 AM)
Edit Reason: include hostel link