Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84193 - 04/08/09 12:56 PM Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´d be interested if anybody has furniture they may want to sell here in Madrid . I´m trying to secure a new apartment .. It may not happen ... but if we get it , we´ll need some basic furniture . Steve

Edited by MadridMan (04/09/09 03:25 AM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#84209 - 04/10/09 10:01 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Ok .. let me try another question . Apart from the Rastro , does anyone know of any half-decent second hand furniture shops in Madrid . They´re really popular in the UK , but I don´t recall seeing too many here in Madrid . Steve

#84212 - 04/10/09 12:39 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hi Steve, maybe not second hand, but have you thought of IKEA...Not terribly expensive. You may get a bed there so you won't be sleeping on the floor!
Good prices for what you get.
Good Luck my friend!

#84215 - 04/10/09 02:35 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

They don´t deliver Laduque ... Apparently .. groups of Romanians in trucks hang around outside to offer a service of delivery ... mmmm I´ll have to think about that . Hope you and you´re family are well .
besos y un abrazo fuerte ,

Steve

#84223 - 04/11/09 02:21 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
All three of the Madrid Ikeas deliver--though not for free. How much it costs depends on how far away you live and how much the total cost of your order is (starting at 35 euros, I think).

#84227 - 04/12/09 04:45 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

OOOkkkk So I have to look into that . Thanks madridmadridmadrid . It maybe more economical to speak to the Romanian drivers . We´ve hit an obstacle on the apartment right now so I´ll wait until that´s resolved .
Steve

#84233 - 04/13/09 09:21 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Steve, would you really trust your new furniture to an unkown, unallied person with a van?? I know i wouldn't. I would expect never to see my furnture or the driver or the van again!!

Check out the online magazine segundo mano www.segundomano.es

It used to be a printed paper, but now only available online.

#84235 - 04/13/09 12:48 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: sallyanne]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

a guy i work with got the romanians to carry his furniture to his house. he waited for them for 4 hours before calling the police...

#84244 - 04/14/09 08:50 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

and never got his furniture - why doesn't that surprise me??

#84245 - 04/14/09 09:48 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: sallyanne]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Ok , I hear you loud and clear Sally and Daniel ... I did have my reservations as countless trips to Russia have taught me to be wary . It´s just a pain in the neck transporting stuff like sofa beds and Dining room tables etc... It can´t be done in a normal saloon car . By the time we paid IKEA for their delivery charges it´s probably cheaper to go to Merk Mueble where at least it´s free delivery ( Incidently the guys delivering ARE normally Romanian ! ) . Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments