Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84193 - 04/08/09 12:56 PM Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´d be interested if anybody has furniture they may want to sell here in Madrid . I´m trying to secure a new apartment .. It may not happen ... but if we get it , we´ll need some basic furniture . Steve

Edited by MadridMan (04/09/09 03:25 AM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#84209 - 04/10/09 10:01 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Ok .. let me try another question . Apart from the Rastro , does anyone know of any half-decent second hand furniture shops in Madrid . They´re really popular in the UK , but I don´t recall seeing too many here in Madrid . Steve

#84212 - 04/10/09 12:39 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hi Steve, maybe not second hand, but have you thought of IKEA...Not terribly expensive. You may get a bed there so you won't be sleeping on the floor!
Good prices for what you get.
Good Luck my friend!

#84215 - 04/10/09 02:35 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: laduque]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

They don´t deliver Laduque ... Apparently .. groups of Romanians in trucks hang around outside to offer a service of delivery ... mmmm I´ll have to think about that . Hope you and you´re family are well .
besos y un abrazo fuerte ,

Steve

#84223 - 04/11/09 02:21 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
All three of the Madrid Ikeas deliver--though not for free. How much it costs depends on how far away you live and how much the total cost of your order is (starting at 35 euros, I think).

#84227 - 04/12/09 04:45 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

OOOkkkk So I have to look into that . Thanks madridmadridmadrid . It maybe more economical to speak to the Romanian drivers . We´ve hit an obstacle on the apartment right now so I´ll wait until that´s resolved .
Steve

#84233 - 04/13/09 09:21 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: steve robinson]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Steve, would you really trust your new furniture to an unkown, unallied person with a van?? I know i wouldn't. I would expect never to see my furnture or the driver or the van again!!

Check out the online magazine segundo mano www.segundomano.es

It used to be a printed paper, but now only available online.

#84235 - 04/13/09 12:48 PM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: sallyanne]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

a guy i work with got the romanians to carry his furniture to his house. he waited for them for 4 hours before calling the police...

#84244 - 04/14/09 08:50 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

and never got his furniture - why doesn't that surprise me??

#84245 - 04/14/09 09:48 AM Re: Madrid: Second hand furniture wanted [Re: sallyanne]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Ok , I hear you loud and clear Sally and Daniel ... I did have my reservations as countless trips to Russia have taught me to be wary . It´s just a pain in the neck transporting stuff like sofa beds and Dining room tables etc... It can´t be done in a normal saloon car . By the time we paid IKEA for their delivery charges it´s probably cheaper to go to Merk Mueble where at least it´s free delivery ( Incidently the guys delivering ARE normally Romanian ! ) . Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments