Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84152 - 04/05/09 02:54 AM Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
While peeking at the webcam in Sol Webcam Sol, it appears that they have moved the construction barrier to the west since I returned home on Monday. Any confirmation of this? I thought they were almost done! There is blank pavement and a large jackhammer ready to go.

#84160 - 04/05/09 06:45 AM Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol [Re: Mongo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yup! I was there just yesterday. Now it reaches nearly to the La Mallorquina pastry shop on the western end of the Puerta del Sol, now the construction nearly encompasses the ENTIRE Puerta del Sol plaza. Ugh. This has taken, what, 3 or 4 years now! mad

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84162 - 04/05/09 09:03 AM Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Usually big projects like this .. And MM you´re right , Puerta del Sol has not be clear of "obras" since I moved here nearly 4 years ago ! , But normally they have projected completion dates written on the information boards . I don´t recall seeing any in Sol !?

#84179 - 04/06/09 02:14 PM Re: Madrid-Work on Puerta del Sol [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
oh mighty, still ???? I was there last december and they were on crowded days.I guess they are redoing the whole city again all over ::)

forgot, of course, when I go now for visits, all seems new from when i used to live there ::)

Edited by MadridMan (04/07/09 10:27 AM)
Edit Reason: combining two consecutive postings

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments