Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84149 - 04/04/09 05:18 PM Bullfighter
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
The salary of Jose Tomas, by a day of bullfight Feria de San isidro it´s 420000€
I want to be bullfighter !!please!!It´s difficult??

#84154 - 04/05/09 04:36 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Jazz I went to a capea a few years ago in Navalcarnero and had to fight a small bull .. Just six pasos with the capote , but it was scary . The bulls are fast and very very agressive ! But I´ll be going to the bullfight this afternoon ... Jose Ignacio Uceda Leal , Juan Bautista and Luis Bolivar . Should be interesting ( Though I know you don´t like the bullfights ! )
Steve

#84156 - 04/05/09 05:54 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Like any other profession or skill, I suppose, to be bullfighter (at least a successful one), one has to train for years and years and rise towards the top of your art/skill/profession.José Tomás didn't make anywhere near that money in the first 8+ years of working as a bullfighter.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84159 - 04/05/09 06:32 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
It´s true, I don´t like the bullfights. but I have recpect whom they like.Your have a good evening of bulls. A greeting

#84168 - 04/06/09 06:21 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: jazz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

It was dramatic . Uceda Leal´s father had died the day before and the whole bullring observed a minute´s silence with the toreros . Uceda Real took the first bull and got hit and "corneado" ( Pierced by the bulls horns ) . They rushed him to the enfermería ( Doctors ) , but he was back in the ring 2 minutes later , covered in blood , limping ... and he finished the bull off in the name of his father . He got Una Oreja for it . The crowd were going crazy . Steve

Edited by steve robinson (04/06/09 10:02 AM)

#84170 - 04/06/09 10:01 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: steve robinson]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

For those of you interested ( and who can read Spanish ) :

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2009/04/06/toros/1238978306.html

#84172 - 04/06/09 10:52 AM Re: Bullfighter [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jazz, it seems that José Tomás WILL NOT fight during Madrid's monthlong bullfight fiesta of San Isidro because Las Ventas (or more accurately, Taurodelta) is not going to pay him those 420,000 Euros PER bullfight. And since José Tomás does not allow any of his bullfights to be televised, they/Taurodelta would lose A LOT of Canal+ money as well - even though the bullfight would likely sell-out (entradas agotadas).

I say "Screw Him". Greed gets you nowhere in this world. It may get you rich but you lose a lot of respect along the way too. (and someone responds, "No, but you can't buy bread with respect." To that I say, "That's true, but you don't need 420,000 Euros to buy bread, either.")

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84175 - 04/06/09 01:40 PM Re: Bullfighter [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

yeah I agree . Much as I would love to see José Tomás , I find his attitude distasteful . He´s more interested in the money and less interested in the bullfight , and more importantly not interested in the fans of the bullfight .
There´s no doubt he´s a great torero , but his attitude sucks ! He needs to take a check on reality .

#84177 - 04/06/09 02:04 PM Re: Bullfighter [Re: steve robinson]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
you have train from childhood, and some for the great ones have it in you. I did banderilleros when i was a child in Madrid, but never went further than some tries. Interesting story.they still make less than footballers ::)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments