Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81831 - 09/14/08 02:44 AM Latin America
singapursiti Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hey there!!! Has anyone travel to Latin American countries before? If so, could you tell us your experience here, if possible post some pictures too?

#81832 - 09/14/08 05:01 AM Re: Latin America
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi singapursiti!

I've only been to Peru where I traveled around the country for 2 weeks and had a GREAT, life-changing, eye-opening experience.

Visited only a little in Lima but also to Cusco and Machu Picchu (2 days), Canyon de Colca (for the change of the millennium), the beautiful colonial town of Arequipa, Puno - the city in Peru on the banks of Lake Titicaca, took a boat towards the center of the lake to see the floating homes of the Uro indians, and to one of the lake islands of Taquile. We also traveled several hours from Lima by car to Nazca to take a morning propeller plane flight over the Nazca Lines to see them from above.

GREAT trip. Loved every moment of it except the initial arrival in high-altitude Cusco where I got altitude sickness for the first 2 days and felt nauseous and with a headache the whole time.

I don't have any photos online - and was using 35mm film still at that time - but you can find lots and lots of Peru photos online.

You'll also find a long thread about Argentina here in this World Travel Forum category which you'll find interesting.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81833 - 09/15/08 08:47 AM Re: Latin America
singapursiti Offline

Loc: Singapore
Wow.. sounds like fun...Actually I am thinking of going for a vacation in South America but I am not sure which country should I visit. Peru looks nice. I knew about the Machu Picchiu (the most famous place in Peru).. Ok I will check other photos too..

#84131 - 04/02/09 03:22 PM Re: Latin America [Re: singapursiti]
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
maybe a little late in replying, but.....

we traveleld in S America for 3 months last year.

Argentina was a beautiful, beautiful country and soooooo cheap!

Wonderful food, wonderful, diverse scenery from Iguazu Falls in the north right down to the glaciers in the south.

Bolivia was like a step back in time, how I imagine travelling used to be! A stay in the Amazon jungle is a must. Lake Titicaca, Potosi, La Paz - all fantastic places. Another world.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments