Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84117 - 03/30/09 02:26 PM Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I am looking to surprise my dad with a 1 or 1/2 day cooking class in either of these cities. We will be in spain in May 2009, and a google search returned way too many broad (and seriously expensive) choices.

Does anyone have any 'been there-done that" recommendations?

Or does anyone have a relative in Spain that wants to take 2 americans into their home (for $) and cook some traditional recipes with them?

#84118 - 03/30/09 02:45 PM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: La Sorpresa]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
hola sparkalina, Have you looked at Alambique Plaza de la Encarnación, 2 · 28013 Madrid ?
I have read about this store/cooking school before and I have gone into the store and it looks fantastic. The courses are varied, and might be what you are looking for.
If he does end up taking the class, please let me know how it goes.

#84124 - 03/31/09 08:32 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: esperanza]
La Sorpresa Offline

Esperanza, that would have been perfect thumbsup except the days that I will be there they have a JAPANESE guest chef! I was hoping for Spanish cooking!

Any other places like that?

#84312 - 04/27/09 11:25 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: La Sorpresa]
La Sorpresa Offline

xfingers Sorry to be pushy but I am bumping this thread to (hopefully) generate another answer. I am leaving in about 10 days and would like to set something up before I go.

Any other ideas?

#84316 - 04/28/09 03:41 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: La Sorpresa]
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
maybe try posting this on egullet forum , under the regional cuisine spain and portugal . Its a fine dining forum so you may have more luck there

#84319 - 04/28/09 08:43 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: eskimo joe]
La Sorpresa Offline

Thanks, Joe - will do. thumbsup

#84320 - 04/28/09 09:48 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: La Sorpresa]
eskimo joe Offline

No worries , theres quite a few professionals on there so hopefully you might have a bit of luck, keep us posted if you do

#84338 - 04/30/09 08:45 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: eskimo joe]
La Sorpresa Offline

I went to sign up on eGullet and there was a warning that new members cannot post for 30 days or something like that, unfortunately I will have gone on vacation and come back by then.

Epicurian Ways was very helpful, but the one class that they have available right now in San Se is $700pp. WAY out of my price range. There were others in Barcalona that were $150pp, but I won't be traveling there. Too bad because I would have jumped on that in a second. It was a 4 person tour of the market to shop, then back to the kitchen to cook linch, and then the meal with wine. Just for future readers of this post - they have a lot of options in Barcelona, Girona, and she is working on some Madrid ideas for me but I feel they will be out of my price range. Will update as I find info.

Edited by MadridMan (06/26/09 11:56 AM)
Edit Reason: correct URL

#84339 - 04/30/09 02:17 PM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: La Sorpresa]
eskimo joe Offline

Sorry Sparkalina , i didnt know that and im not a memebr either otherwise I would have asked for you . I better sign up in case i need to as something

#84343 - 05/01/09 09:00 AM Re: Cooking School: Madrid or San Sebastian [Re: eskimo joe]
La Sorpresa Offline

Update on the Epicurian Ways - the Madrid options all have to be part of a package that includes hotel, which I don't need so that is out. But, the woman (Jane Gregg) who has been emailing me has really gone above and beyond to answer all of my questions and even was kind enough to redirect me to another site when it was clear our dates and cities were not going to match up. Great customer service and I hope to be able to use one of her tours in the future.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments