Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84107 - 03/26/09 09:19 PM Joaquin Cortes in NYC on May 14
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

For you lucky New Yorkers, you may be interested in knowing that Joaquín Cortés will perform at the Beacon Theatre on May 14. According to the Ticketmaster website, tickets will be on sale to the general public starting Monday, March 30, and there is an Internet pre-sale starting tomorrow, Friday, March 27.

Here's an article about the new show, called "Calé," in El País a few weeks ago. Maybe he will travel to other parts of the U.S.! xfingers

#84114 - 03/27/09 07:40 PM Re: Joaquin Cortes in NYC on May 14 [Re: la historiadora]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I´ll be honest ... I saw Joaquín Cortés at London´s Royal Albert Hall about 9 years ago . It was dramatic , spectacular and big production .
Having been in Madrid for the last 4 years i´ve seen much better in smaller productions .. much more honest passion .
Cortés knows he´s a superstar and is arrogant about it .
His shows are a spectacular production but more in the vein ( an opinion ) of Celine Dion in Las Vegas ... More production and less authenticity .
I did enjoy the show ! But I know better now .
Ok So I got that off my chest now hahahahahaha
If you have tickets , it WILL be a spectacle for sure .

Steve

#84133 - 04/02/09 11:19 PM Re: Joaquin Cortes in NYC on May 14 [Re: steve robinson]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Oh, I think he seems rather arrogant, too. And, I'm sure a smaller, more intimate flamenco performance would be much more moving and authentic. But, he's been such a well-known dancer for so long that I'd still be excited to see him!

#84138 - 04/03/09 02:39 PM Re: Joaquin Cortes in NYC on May 14 [Re: la historiadora]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
La Historiadoria . When I went to see him it was pure excitement . There was electricity coursing through the huge sell-out audience .
I remember being with a friend at London´s historic Royal Albert Hall and there was the usual murmur of anticipation while we waited for the lights to come down . Everybody was scanning the stage for that first glimpse .
The lights came down and 2 or 3 huge high intensity beams of white light shone to the back of the hall . We all looked round , and Joaquin Cortes was BEHIND us ! .. He danced himself to the stage own the "pasillo" whilst the whole of London´s Royal Albert Hall were on their feet .
Very dramatic , very gypsy , very flamenco .
For sure you´d enjoy his show !

Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1942 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments