Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84057 - 03/20/09 08:21 PM Staying with 2 small kids... how does it work?
RNJD Offline

Loc: Calgary, AB Canada
Hi all! This is my first post!

We're traveling Spain and Portugal for 4 weeks in May. As I check out places to stay, some are quite confusing to what I'm used to seeing in North America. It will be two adults, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We all sleep in beds at home (no crib). What kind of room do we ask for? Is it a double? Or do we need a triple/quad? Or can we add a bed? Is it customary to have a hide-a-bed or something in the room as well that we could put the kids on, or are the rooms really quite small?

Usually we get a "double" room here and we get 2 queen sized beds and there's no charge for the kids. But from what I've seen online, this won't be the case in Spain / Portugal? Please help! We're looking for good deals, not fancy resort hotels, so any help with pointing us in the right direction would be appreciated!

#84065 - 03/21/09 09:31 AM Re: Staying with 2 small kids... how does it work? [Re: RNJD]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
In Spain, double means for two people, triple for three, etc. Ask about the specific configuration of the beds, because quad could mean a double bed and two singles, two double beds, or four singles.

Rooms in inexpensive hotels tend to be small, unless they are in the country. Hide a beds aren't common, unless it's a suite. If you are spending more than a day or two somewhere, you might look into apartment or house rentals, sometimes this is cheaper than a big hotel room.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments