Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#84053 - 03/20/09 12:02 PM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: la historiadora]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
La historiadora . I´m glad I´m not the only one who keeps things like a cork as a memory/souvenir ! After all , it's a lot more personal , reminding you of a moment in time .
I´m sure you´would´ve had Calamares a la Romana ... It´s just squid rings fried in batter .
Oh and keep those corks ... My friend who lived in Barcelona for many years kept a collection .. She now lives in Norfolk ( England ) but she made cork curtains for her house .. to stop bugs coming in . And then using wire clothes hangers , she made cork men ( models ) . They were really cool .
I got home at 6am from a memorable evening ... and have been sleeping on and off ... I got calls from a new friend in the Spanish Army , and a Hungarian friend to go out tonight but i think I´ll just relax .
As MM said we will be going to a Flamenco bar tomorrow and then the bullfight on Sunday .
And then I start work on Monday .
It´s a busy , but enjoyable schedule . Steve

#84056 - 03/20/09 03:12 PM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
It was such a good afternoon! It was especially nice to hang out with you both and enjoy the spring weather, considering the crazy cold weather I am missing in NY.
Sitting in a plaza in Madrid is heavenly! I appreciate it so much. Thanks for joining my daughter and me. After I left you, I went to see Los Abrazos Rotos, the new Almodóvar film. What a great day.
I hope we can get together for flamenco on Saturday. Steve, it sounds like you are going to have a fabulous weekend before the first week of work!

#84076 - 03/22/09 07:30 AM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: esperanza]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Probably not the best way to approach my first day at work in 3 years ... But ... The flamenco with you guys MM , Esperanza , your daughter , Rick and Richard and my friend André was short but intense ,, That dancer was incredible .. how does he move those feet so fast ! And the singing just goes straight to my soul! And then the food and chat at Cervecería Alemania ( A favourite of Ernest Hemingway ) , was great fun . A couple of photos I took came out well , and those that want to see them can call me . I guess there will be the normal issues of publishing them on line .
Bullfight in a few hours , so i´m getting Psyched up for that .
Good to have seen everybody .
Steve

Edited by steve robinson (03/22/09 07:31 AM)

#84084 - 03/23/09 07:44 AM Re: Madrid: possible get together? [Re: steve robinson]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I am thinking of you, Steve! Good luck with the classes today!

It was a fun Saturday evening! I am so glad to have found Cardamomo. What a great place. The guys at the door were annoying, but the flamenco was great.

I am back in NY with lots of great memories of the 9 days in Spain. Although it was short, it was intense. I am glad to have discovered a few new places and to have returned to some of my favorite spots too.

Thanks for meeting me for lunch, and for a great night on Saturday. You guys are the best!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments