Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84040 - 03/18/09 06:59 PM Help with EuRail Pass for France/Italy
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I hope someone can help with this. I'm not sure of what type of pass/tickets will fit our needs for train travel between France and Italy. More specifically, we'd like to start our trip in Marseilles, then go to Florence for a couple of nights, then to Rome for a few more before heading back to Marseilles to fly home.

Would the Eurail France - Italy Pass that offers Unlimited train travel for 4 days in 2 months period be the one we need?

We think our train schedule would look something like this: Mar-Flor
Flor-Rome
Rome- Mar

Thanks for any suggestions you might have

#84123 - 03/31/09 05:04 AM Re: Help with EuRail Pass for France/Italy [Re: Rodolfo]
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
A good site for information about European train travel is http://www.seat61.com/

Basically he says that you are nearly always better off financially buying individual train tickets, rather than passes, unless you really are planning on doing a lot of touring, so I certainly think it would be worth pricing your trip out before opting for a rail pass.

#84126 - 03/31/09 01:58 PM Re: Help with EuRail Pass for France/Italy [Re: Jamongris]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Rodolfo , Have you to been to Marseille before ? .. I was there a few years ago .. Itīs an amazing port city and very Arabic in parts . The most famous dish is the Bouillabaise ( Fish soup/stew ) Itīs completely , amazingly delicious and Marseille is well known as the centre for this dish . Wash it down with a bottle of cold Rose Wine ( The South of France is famous for this ) .. If you can look out for bottles from a beautiful seaside town called Bandol ( Where I stayed in a friendīs apartment ) The wine has been granted "appelation Controlée" by the French government due to itīs high quality .... The French , I have to say , are masters of food and wine ! Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments