Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83928 - 03/04/09 09:55 AM madrid Supermarkets
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Hi Folks: Not familiar with
Madrid. Does anyone know if there is a branch of the spanish supermarket called Mercadona close to the Gran Via??

Hotel internet fees are usually high. Are there any cyber cafes in the Gran Via area??

Thank you!!!

#83929 - 03/04/09 10:11 AM Re: madrid Supermarkets [Re: zorro37]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
As far as I can find via Google.com, there are no Mercadona Supermarket's on Gran Vía. The nearest one is near the Moncloa metro station or the other one near Acacias metro station. Does it have to be a Mercadona?

You should find a few dozen cybercafe's/locutorios within 500 meters of your hotel without any problem. 1.50-2 Euros per hour is pretty standard.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83937 - 03/05/09 03:36 AM Re: madrid Supermarkets [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
And down at Puerta del Sol there is a huge internet cafe called Bigg ... I´ve used it several times when I was without my laptop . It has one big area for normal internet , and at the back it has a separate room for video games .

Oh and as far as supermarkets are concerned , you have a huge branch of Corte Ingles right there in Sol .. a hop and a jump from Gran Vía .. Where in the UK are you from Zorro37 ?

Oh and now I see the Reynard / Zorro connection hehehehe interesting.

Edited by MadridMan (03/05/09 06:13 AM)
Edit Reason: combining posts

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments