Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8382 - 08/10/05 11:59 PM Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
johnnyboy Offline

Hi,
I will be in Madrid in November and got a response from the Hostal Adriano stating that there is availability for 5 nights but that I need to put down a 30% deposit via my credit card. On the one hand, I want to arrange my accomodations now to avoid full bookings later; on the other hand, I hate to put forth such a large deposit 3 months in advance. If the Adriano is totally honorable and reliable, I wouldn't mind so much. For those who know the Adriano, I'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks, :-)

#8383 - 08/11/05 01:35 AM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Hostal Adriano is totally honorable and reliable.

I stayed with them for ten days in April 2004, and am returning this September for another ten-day engagement. I had to advance money too. Don't worry..

#8384 - 08/11/05 07:59 AM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I have not stayed there but many others that have posted messages on this forum have and speak very highly about Adriano. I even think MadridMan himself has stayed there. You should not be concerned.

Book it and that will be one less thing to worry about! laugh

Bill

#8385 - 08/11/05 09:55 AM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I stay there several times a year. You can trust them. They are very proud of their reputation.

Besides, the credit card companies are very helpful when bad things are done to their customers!

#8386 - 08/11/05 10:04 AM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Bill from NYC: I have not yet spent the night there but have toured the establishment 3 or 4 times and I now know the owners rather well - they're good people and dedicated to making a patron's stay as pleasant & comfortable as possible.

You'll find a number of reviews by conducting a SEARCH in this forum category by using keywords ADRIANO MADRID.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8387 - 08/11/05 10:21 AM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:

Bill from NYC: I have not yet spent the night there but have toured the establishment 3 or 4 times and I now know the owners rather well - they're good people and dedicated to making a patron's stay as pleasant & comfortable as possible.
Sorry about that, I stand corrected! laugh

Are you going to tour or have tour Hostal Acopulco? You are like the Rick Steves of Spain! laugh

Bill

#8388 - 08/12/05 05:06 PM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
coach1440 Offline

Loc: Alabama, USA
I stayed at the hostal Adriano this past June, and they are professional and honest. Be advised: They are located on the 4th floor...with NO lift!! I spoke with Alberto just today, and it WILL NOT be working until sometime in September. Got a lot of luggage? Oops! But if you don't mind the many flights of stairs...they are first rate, and rooms are very clean.

#8389 - 08/12/05 06:23 PM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
johnnyboy Offline

Thanks for all your responses. I decided to take the plunge and make the reservation. The person with whom I communicated always promptly answered my correspondence, which impressed me. I hope they live up to their expectations! Thanks again :-)

#8390 - 08/22/05 04:14 PM Re: Madrid's Hostal Adriano: 30% Deposit?
el tio Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Johnnyboy -

I've been communicating with the hostel. They did mention that they would charge the first night as a deposit. From what I've read in this forum and the quick responses from Alberto, I decided to make the reservation as well

For those that have stayed there, are the rooms as nice as they look on the website?

Also, any update on the elevator? We'll be staying starting Sept. 24th. If it's not ready, we could always use a little exercise anyway.

--el tio

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments