MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#83843 - 02/17/09 05:35 AM Re: Itinerary advice please [Re: steve robinson]
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Yes, I enjoyed the Roast suckling lamb at Mesón del Duque in Segovia but I really prefer the 'char-grilled' rib lamb chops that they (Parrita's?) serve in San Fernando.

Another treat: there was a Wedding Party at Mesón del Duque and they were doing a Queimada Gallega with the Incantation to seal their Wedding Vows. It was very impressive! I wasn't aware that the Gallegos did that. Maybe I'll have someone do an Anglicized version of a Queimada at my Wake (i.e., Funeral Viewing). I have a bottle of Orujo (de Liebana, the best kind) in my Liquor Cabinet.
BTW
If you ever get to Portugal, go to the Mealhada region: you'll find really great leitao (pronounced lay-tone, which is Portuguese for Cochinillo) at truck stops along the old Lisbon-Porto highway.

#83844 - 02/17/09 06:37 AM Re: Itinerary advice please [Re: Eddie]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Here l leave you, www.galinor.es it pagines also in English.
In gastronomy,The Recipe an The Conjuration of the Queimada

#83851 - 02/17/09 06:53 PM Re: Itinerary advice please [Re: aussieflyer]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
def add Segovia and visit the Alcazar, cathedral and aqueduct with a nice lunch at the plaza mayor.
palacio Real ,do it,and have lunch in its cafeteria.
templo de Debod is nice at parque del oeste,one of all time favorite places when i used to live in Madrid. you might consider taken the Teleferico ,cable car to casa de campo,many attractions there zoo,aquarium,attraction ride park; even just to take the cable car and go over bridge of segovia, very nice.
El Escorial and Valle de los Caidos is nice, too.
the Retiro park, for a boat ride in the lake and ice cream with horchata drink ::)

you have a nice trip going ,enjoy it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1868 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments