Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83804 - 02/13/09 05:14 PM Madrid: Fountain Pen shop?
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Do any of the board members know of a shop in Madrid that specializes in fountain pens? I write with these pens every day and would like to visit a store in Madrid during my next stay in Spain.

I'm thinking of a store that has many brands as opposed to a Mont Blanc boutique.

Gracias.

Edited by MadridMan (02/14/09 10:42 AM)
Edit Reason: included city indicator

#83805 - 02/13/09 08:05 PM Re: Fountain Pen shop? [Re: admiral44]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I have two ideas based solely on walking past and noticing windows. On calle Principe, between Jeronimo and Plaza Santa Ana are is at least one (possibly two?) office supply stores that display nice pens.

In addition, there is a tobacco store called Meson del Fumador on calle Carmen across from the ticket window at FNAC. They have all sorts of luxury products diplayed in the window.

Good Luck

Matt

#83816 - 02/14/09 05:59 AM Re: Fountain Pen shop? [Re: Mongo]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Admiral44 .. I´m sooo pleased to see someone who still likes fountain pens !! Even though i´m a relatively young 43 year old , I clearly remember having an inkwell on my school desk . There´s something very special and , well , romantic about using a fountain pen . Steve

#83817 - 02/14/09 06:38 AM Madrid: Fountain Pen shop? [Re: steve robinson]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Mongo,

Thanks for the locations. I'll check them out when I get to Madrid.

Steve,

There is an entire message board dedicated to fountain pens. I was stunned how many people use them. If you write a lot, there is no better instrument. All my first drafts and many pages of notes are written this way. There is no "drag" from a good fountain pen there way there is with a ball point. Of course, a fountain pen can be a maintenance issue but mine operate flawlessly. Just don't take them onto an airplane loaded with ink.

Anyway, can't wait to get to Madrid and explore the pen shops there. I'm also a stationary store junkie. Love all sorts of paper and such. Will be seeking these places, too.

Saludos,

Edited by MadridMan (02/14/09 10:44 AM)

#83832 - 02/16/09 12:08 AM Re: Madrid: Fountain Pen shop? [Re: admiral44]
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
While I'm not a fanatic, I do have and old Parker filled with green ink I use around the house. It's a pleasure to make lists and write checks.

#83862 - 02/18/09 02:41 PM Re: Madrid: Fountain Pen shop? [Re: Mongo]
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
You should be able to find lots of fountain pens. El Corte Ingles has lots as do many of the stationary stores. In fact, our son was required to use a fountain pen at his elementary school (International School of Madrid - UK based curriculum). We spent a lot of time looking around for inexpensive fountain pens because of that. Both my wife and I have several nice foutain pens and prefer them for when we have to sign documents, something I had to do many times a day when I was living in Madrid for four years.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2941 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments