Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83858 - 02/18/09 04:21 AM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Yankaluz]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I havenīt been to Ronda yet but many friends ( Spanish) nearly punched me for NOT going when I stayed near Marbella .
Ronda is one of Spainīs most impressive places ! Itīs what the Spanish call "Patrimonio de la humanidad " which means itīs been given very special status .. My friend , Davíd , went there recently ( heīs from Madrid ) , and the pics were awesome ..Apparently the village has some wonderful restaurants too . I hope you go there , and can report back to us . Steve

#83871 - 02/19/09 09:29 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: steve robinson]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
Yes, Yes, it's wonderful and the drive up to Ronda is amazing, be careful, it's narrow and steep...The views are amamzing also....Enjoy!

#83897 - 02/23/09 03:28 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Kipper]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
if you have time Ronda is a nice side trip. the birthplace of codified bullfighting by Pedro Romero, bullring from 1785,wonderful,and pretty white houses. Enjoy it.

#83915 - 02/27/09 11:11 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Denise 2009]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Denise 2009, I went to Ronda last summer for the first time and I really enjoyed it. The views are gorgeous and it's a pretty little town. It's a bit touristy, but in September it probably won't be very crowded. I've heard that on the weekends in high season it's packed with visitors. There are some other small towns in the area that you could also visit if you were so inclined. However, make sure you give yourself enough time to see the bigger cities such as Sevilla and Granada (and Gibraltar, since your husband really wants to go there) before trying to squeeze in a lot of other things. The pace in Spain is really relaxed and you'll want to take advantage of it while you're there.

#84646 - 06/17/09 10:32 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: MadridMan]
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
And where does one get tickets for the Alhambra IN ADVANCE (arriving on Sept 7, 8th will be in Ronda, and hopefully, the 9th in Granada)?

#84647 - 06/18/09 05:28 AM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Denise 2009]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid

#84648 - 06/18/09 06:34 AM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: jazz]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's right, above. The ticket-getting website changed about a year ago. I'd reserve your entry tickets NOW if I were you, Denise 2009.

Saludos, GranadaMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84649 - 06/18/09 06:50 AM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Denise 2009]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

in www.granadainfo.com thereīs a lot information
in one month i'm there

#84650 - 06/18/09 12:17 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: jazz]
Denise 2009 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada (ex Toledo, Ohi...
Thanks guys. I'm away to Florida today for the Father's Day weekend. I'll most likely reserve upon my return.
I see that you have to reserve a "time of entry" - how long should I plan for our visit (we are driving in that day from Malaga vicinity)- so I can determine what time to enter?

I've a zillion more questions to pose! Not just about Granada though. I really really must get busy! My July camping vacation is cramping my planning style! *LOL*

#84654 - 06/18/09 05:26 PM Re: Choose two - Grenada, Seville, Cordoba [Re: Denise 2009]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Malaga to Granada is about 120km, so it should only take you a couple of hours at the most, assuming they get their finger out and finish the roadworks on the only motorway out of the city. The traffic on this road can be terrible because it is a 25km (steep in places) uphill road from the moment you clear the city limits. As it is also the main (only) road to Madrid, you'll see plenty of lorries. Saying all that, as long as you don't go in peak rush hour, or on a holiday w/end you'll have no real problem :-)

Another option is to go along the coast road and then up and over the Sierra (via Motril if i remember right). the drive is lovely, but will take longer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments