Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83586 - 01/12/09 03:16 PM Estrella Morente at Carnegie Hall
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
For all Flamenco fans: February 21, 8pm: Estrella Morente at Carnegie Hall. For any New Yorker who loves Flamenco, I think this is going to be great! I got tickets today and I am so excited.

Also, New York City Flamenco Festival 2009 is also in February at City Center.

#83587 - 01/13/09 02:04 AM Re: Estrella Morente at Carnegie Hall [Re: esperanza]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I am soooo jealous! It crossed my mind to buy a plane ticket to go to NYC to see that concert because I think Estrella Morente is phenomenal. I don't think she will be touring anywhere else in the US (as far as I can find) and I'm very sad that I will miss her because she really is one of the best performers. Please tell us all about it afterwards!

#83879 - 02/22/09 08:51 AM Re: Estrella Morente at Carnegie Hall [Re: la historiadora]
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Well the concert last night was phenomenal! Estrella Morente came out with 5 guys, 2 guitarists, and 3 guys (one with a drum, 2 clappers). They were all so good! She has such a strong and powerful voice and with the acoustics of Carnegie Hall--wow! it was great. Her encores were also great, since she did not use a microphone and her voice seemed to echo off the walls. She danced, she sang, she was in heaven it seemed as she was so excited to be playing IN CARNEGIE HALL. She made reference to it being a magical place. She of course sang Volver.She also sang many songs from her latest album. All in all it was a great night. The place was full--you could hear the Spaniards cheering for her, shouting out Olé and some piropos.It felt as if we were in Spain.

Edited by MadridMan (02/22/09 01:09 PM)
Edit Reason: to correct syntax

#83913 - 02/27/09 11:04 PM Re: Estrella Morente at Carnegie Hall [Re: esperanza]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

esperanza, thanks so much for posting a review of the concert! I actually thought of it last Saturday and I was a tiny bit sad that I wasn't there. I'm glad that it was such a great concert, and hopefully she'll tour more of the States in the future.

I found on YouTube two clips of the concert at Carnegie Hall. As you can see in the " Madrina por bulerias " video, the encore she sings without a microphone is fantastic. I got goosebumps watching it, and I can only imagine what it was like being there. The other clip is a short part of " Volver ."

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments