Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#83533 - 01/05/09 10:15 AM Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos in Madrid & Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos takes place throughout Spain TODAY and be watched online on many stations. See the Three Kings: Mechor, Gaspar & Baltasar.

Madrid:
Watch online LIVE on RTVE (only during the Cabalgata) AND on TeleMadrid SAT via MadridMan's Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page.

The Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos for the City of Madrid starts in Nuevos Ministerios today at 6:30pm and has the following direction:

• Leaves Nuevos Ministerios at the corner of Plaza de San Juan de la Cruz
  • Plaza del Doctor Marañón
  • Glorieta de Emilio Castelar
  • Plaza de Colón
  • Paseo de Recoletos
  • Ends at Plaza de Cibeles

The Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos for the City of Barcelona starts in Marquès de l’Argentera today at 6:30pm and has the following direction:
  • Leaves Marquès de l’Argentera at 6:30pm
  • Via Laietana
  • Plaça Urquinaona
  • Fontanella
  • Plaça de Catalunya
  • Pelai
  • Plaça Universitat
  • Ronda Sant Antoni
  • Sepúlveda
  • Vilamarí
  • Lleida
  • Rius i Taulet i Font Màgica, arriving at 9pm

After the fact: Did anyone watch the Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos either live, on TV, or online?

I hope to go to my local district Cabalgata. Don't want to be out too long because I'll be up all night watching Ohio State play Texas in the Fiesta Bowl tonight at 2:30AM eek

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#83535 - 01/05/09 04:25 PM Re: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos in Madrid & Barcelona [Re: MadridMan]
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Thanks so much for posting this! I knew that the Dia de los Reyes Magos was an important holiday in Spain, but I'd never heard of the Cabalgata. I always learn so much from this board! smile

I didn't see any of the coverage live as I read this too late, but I'll look at the television stations later to see if they posted any videos of the cabalgatas.

#83538 - 01/06/09 03:23 AM Re: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos in Madrid & Barcelona [Re: la historiadora]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
he he i remember this festival very well in Madrid,we did not know about it and decided to walk to reitro park in the afternoon, stopped in a coffee bar for a long break about 5.00pm,got up to go and could not belive all the people who had just turned up with ladders,boxes to stand on,everybody running to get the best spot,off we set trying to get to our hotel on gran via, no chance,barriers everywhere crowds of people i must have walked 5 miles to try to get around it, we got to plaza mayor and could not cross the street,so we ended up watching the parade and yes its was excellant an experiance which is never seen in england, we never celebrate things of this nature which is a shame, its just a good job we had not to catch a plane and had to be back at the hotel,
so the moral of this story is make sure you are on the right side of plaza mayor if you need to get back to your hotel

eek

#83541 - 01/06/09 02:55 PM Re: Cabalgata de los Reyes Magos in Madrid & Barcelona [Re: billy the man]
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
Wow!!! Its been decades!!! a very long time,,,

BTW, MM, the name's Melchor, with an "L" as shown.

Another thing. I remember it being on the night of the 5th of Jan., just before kids went to bed and that's when they would fly out in their camels and deliver gifts a la Santa Clause,,, milk and cookies in case they were thirsty and hungry as well... so when you woke up on the morning of the 6th, voila! You got a bunch of gifts from them all...

Ah, good memories...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments