Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8271 - 06/08/05 04:30 PM Hostels in Spain
tajsp Offline

I just got back from a vacation to Spain. It was great! Just wanted to give you some experiences with the hostels that I stayed in.

Madrid: Hostel Lisboa - It was a spacious room. There was a bedroom plus a small living area. The hostel is located in a quiet neighborhood within walking distance of the Prado. Also it was very economical compared to the other hostels that we stayed at during our trip. Definitely recommend it.

Seville: Hotel Maestranza - A little bit on the expensive side. It is very expensive during the month of May, then gets cheaper in June. Room was not very spacious. But the hotel was in a good location, close to the cathedral. Would also recommend, but a little bit expensive.

Barcelona: Hostel Levante - The worst hostel out of the three that we stayed at. Room was small. No air conditioning. It was very noisy. Located about 5 minutes walk from the Ramblas. No tv. This is the only hostel that we could find, we booked our hostels more than a month in advance. Based on this experience, I would suggest booking hostels at least 2 months in advance of your trip, especially if you are planning on going to Barcelona.

#8272 - 07/18/05 09:11 AM Re: Hostels in Spain
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:

Based on this experience, I would suggest booking hostels at least 2 months in advance of your trip, especially if you are planning on going to Barcelona.
Good point! I still working on my accommodations for Barcelona for the first week of October and still having a hard time finding a place. Out of ten inquires sent, I only have one place were I might stay. frown

Bill

#8273 - 07/18/05 04:13 PM Re: Hostels in Spain
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Glad to hear that the Hostal Lisboa is still nice. It was a favorite of mine for many years but I haven't been there recently. It is a great location--reasonably quiet street, but within easy, easy walking distance of Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, Plaza Mayor, etc.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments