Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#82687 - 11/24/04 07:49 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Medicalman,

I see your from Majadahonda. The biggest house I've ever seen, been inside, in my life was in Majadahonda. I still am in awe. I visited it because one of my wife's friends was working there as a maid. I tell this too everyone, and I don't believe I'm exagerating, you could have played tennis in the living room. eek

#82688 - 11/24/04 11:35 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MedMan,

Is the area you live in the burb where they have homes much like here in the US? I can't remember exactly where that was at, but there were some beautiful homes with fantastic yards, parks, and rec areas, as well as a full sized hockey/ice rink if I recall....

My wife and I had looked at homes there, and considered the idea of retiring to that area. I just can't remember the name of the town.

It's been a while...

Wolf

#82689 - 11/25/04 12:40 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Gazpacho........Well, I asure you its not my home you were in! I have a fairly large Chalet, but nothing like what you are describing. Majadahonda is a beautiful suburb of Madrid, that is growing tremendously(maybe to much).

Wolf......You are describing Majadahonda and even possibly the Boadilla area. We have a hockey Rink here and there are numerous athletic community centers scattered between majadahonda, Pozuelo and Aravaca. This would be a great place to retire but housing costs are extremley expensive. I live in a approx 2,200 SQ FT Chalet(Don't know Meters) which if I took a SWAG(Scientific Wildass guess) at its cost to build in the states would be about $200,000. Here in Madrid, you could not touch it for under $650,000 Euros. Truly incredible how these folks are having to pay so much for a home.

#82690 - 11/25/04 08:28 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry, folks. Let's try to stay on the topic of "Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W" in this Spain-Related Political Commentary forum. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#82691 - 11/27/04 10:22 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
I knew it.
I swear I guessed since I even read the title of the thread. It had to be Federico Jimenez Losantos the one who supported George W.Bush. It`s like if you quoted Don Imus or Rush Limbaugh as a sample of American public opinion.
Yeah, you can find scum like Federico Jimenez Losantos in Spain. So what? Ignacio failed to mention, in his short account of him, that he was a Maoist in the sixties, when that was the trendy thing. I wouldn`t trust much a man which leaps from the far left to the far right, and certainly, listening to his paranoid, obsessive speeches, many people (even some of his supporters) have doubts on his mental health.
I don`t travel much around Spain, but I can assure you I still haven`t found one person on this shore, not even ONE, who bought the lies from W`s administration. Everybody I know dislikes the current war in Irak, the impending one in Iran, and the entangled net of prevarication and lies that hold together the current government in the US. To be honest, I know a couple of guys who enjoy Federico Jimenez Losantos, and I know also another one who says Israel is the "good guy" in the Palestinian conflict. That`s all.
ColinK, it is wonderful that you feel so proudly independent in the US. Of course your elections and your president are your business, not ours. Now why don`t you fight your damned wars in your own, proud, independent country, instead of bothering the rest of the world? I am sure no one would say one word on George W.Bush if you "liberated" Iowa or Milwaukee, American style (with cluster bombs, I mean). But alas, you have been stirring the Middle East for the last thirty years (just since you gave up stirring SE Asia), so I guess your elections, and your Messiah from Crawford, and Cheney and his faith on Saddam involvement in S-11, and Ashcroft and the voices he hears from above, all are key matters for Europe and the Muslim countries. So bad for us all.
If you like massive bombings so much, enjoy them yourselves and leave us alone. Oh, and please, foot the bill for yourselves. Have a nice war-bred deficit...

#82692 - 11/27/04 10:33 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Cristobo Carrín Offline

Loc: Asturias
Just so you don`t think ALL of the US adores W...

"[...] Gas them. Gas every red state that voted for Bush. Gas them all, and gas them now. And if that sounds a little too 1940s for you, then fine, nuke the ****ers. Nukes have come a long way since 1945, so much so that they're not even 1940s anymore. It's just that gassing them sounds so much more appropriate.

The awful reality is that George W. Bush won by 4 million votes. No, the awful reality is that he got any votes at all -- but he did. It doesn't matter if Bush stole 10,000 votes in this ****ty Ohio county and 4,000 votes in that incest-ridden Deliverance county there -- he won the popular vote. He won a mandate. He won -- get it? Bush won! They voted for him, the stupid ****ing suckers, after he gave them four years of the most shocking warp-speed national decline since Franz Josef abdicated. There is nothing normal or sane about what these Americans did. There is no way to spin that. It's just nauseating, sphincter-twisting, horrifyingly stupid and evil. So the coastal elite -- and we are an elite, thank god (what moron wouldn't want to be part of the elite? "Hey, I'm not elite, I'm akshully jus' a ****in' stupid piece of **** chump who gits used by the elite, 'n by gum that's how's I likes it!") -- and the Democrats and everyone with a brain should stop flogging themselves or falsely localizing blame on a clique of evil Republican operatives who manipulated Middle America, and put the blame where the blame lies -- on the 59,000,000 ****s who voted to destroy America. And don't just blame those 59,000,000 ****s, but blame their families, their friends, their dogs and cats, their furniture, and everything they ever touched, smelled, peed on, or otherwise left DNA samples in. They all have to go. Every last one of 'em"

Pfew, that sounds full of hatred, doesn`t it? I got it at
http://www.exile.ru/2004-November-13/moscow_babylon.html

It sounds quite drastical to me, but well, it is nothing of my business. I am just a filthy foreigner and should keep my filthy mouth shut when Americans discuss the future of their nation...
In any case, God knows, perhaps when they saw a heap of corpses in the just-mown lawn, some of those who now find war so necessary and exciting would give it a second thought.

#82693 - 11/27/04 10:44 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cristobo,

When I was young, I was taught that it was better to write with a sharply pointed pencil, or a pen, because doing so with a wide paint brush muddies the words to a point they aren't legible.

I think you've done exactly that with your next to last post. The one with the link is funny, but what gets me is how much of what was said in that post you seemed to echo in the previous post.

As for "the people you know," why in earth would anyone believe that you have anything to do with any person that doesn't think exactly like you do? You wouldn't give them the time of day, and you've alluded to that often enough in your posts.

I believe that's called; "being an intellectual snob," but I could be wrong.

Wolf

#82694 - 11/28/04 02:06 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Cristobo,
Thanks for that link. It is hilarious. I laughed till the tears came! The left's answer to Rush and the gang. C'mon, guys, have a sense of humor. wink

#82695 - 11/28/04 08:30 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
The writer of the Exile.ru link seems to be an American that is somewhat unhappy. He brings out that he has spent time in Berkley, which on the surface would appear that is where he picked up his seemingly left wing views. This publication that he is writting for is nothing that you cannot pick up on any street corner in the US usually for free. The only difference is,it has a different name. Most of the writting is usually without the sarcasim that is in his style. It should be pointed out to anyone who is going to follow this "Pied Piper of Hamilan" that Lee Harvey Oswald himself decided to return to the US after a few years stay in the "Workers Paradise."
There is always going to be someone that thinks the world owes him a living, and that seems to be what this Mr. Mark Ames is looking for, a "free ride." rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

#82696 - 11/28/04 10:44 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It is somewhat incredible how leftists in Spain automaticly label as fascist or mental unhealthy anyone who publicly support right ideology.

Federico Jiménez Losantos is one of the mightest journalists of Spain. He runs the second most heard magazine radio programme with 3,5 million listeners everyday (the first is the one run by Iñaki Gabilondo in SER radio channel, with 5 million listeners everyday).

I listen him from time to time, so I think that under your scope, Cristobo, I'm as extreme-righist and mentally unhealthy as him.

Anyway, this is the common tendency of leftists in Spain as I've said: only those who think like us are democratic.

Fernando

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1590 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments