Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#82677 - 11/21/04 11:30 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Mecky: I like your Blair quote. If you will notice every year when the Latinos die in deserts of the southwest they are all heading north, none ever die going south. They come across the southwest border at all times of the year, but the hot months are when the press seems to enjoy writing stories about the migration.

#82678 - 11/24/04 06:25 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Desert dweller thank you for you're kind words, amazing how little response has been. Here is another quote from one of my Spanish friends in Galicia:
Regarding politics, I think that every country knows why they vote this or that. I can say that our government here is made of a bunch of naive, stupid clowns. They never thought to get power, were it not because of the terrible events that everybody knows, they wouldn´t have touched it. But at that time there was a lot of confussion, some people thought that it was because our involvement in the war. Now, there is a comission of investigation going on and proving that the previous government didn´t hold information, and that the terrorists had started to prepare all that two or three years earlier. So the last government didn´t lie. Even more, the current one has been dismantling everything that Jose María Aznar did while in office. They are discussing issues in public where one minister says white and there comes up another saying black. They only want to get the attention of the media to stay in power. On the other hand they are courtesing basque and catalonian nationalists because this government needs to borrow, or I had better say, to buy support. Many people now are regretful of having changed their minds and we only expect them not to resist in power long.

I can also say that Mr. Aznar always speaks cristal clear and tells people the truth, no matter if they like it or not. And you know Maggie that some people only want to hear Christmas carols. He also is a true friend of his friends, his ministers were sound, hard working people. The attacks happened because there were cracks in the security forces as they had always been fighting ETA.

To all everywhere a Happy Thanksgiving

#82679 - 11/24/04 07:59 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know who your friend is. That bullsh*t load can only had been trhown by Manuel Fraga. I guess, didn't I? laugh laugh laugh

Your post couldn't ever be more false. The PP government fell because of that illegal war they put us in, as demosntrations showed, and for lying us about the responsibles of the attack in his own political profit, which is now more than ever, absolutely proved.

Aznar is the evilest lyer I have ever listened to, he has no morals, he is ... people despice him and even his own party doesn't want to hear him speak because he sunks them more every time, Aznar is one of the worst weights PP carries.

Besides, people (even PP members) is ashamed of his behaviour as a brownoser with Bush, about his buying medals for himself with public money, about the "Prestige" affair, about his fanatism in Spanish nationalism, ...

It's the second person in the history I feel very ashamed of (within Spain), the first being Franco.

#82680 - 11/24/04 08:10 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Mecky, thank you for reading my post, and a Happy Thanks Giving to you as well. Your probably not aware that Thanks Giving is celebrated in England also. Only thing is, they celebrate it on July 4th each year. wink

#82681 - 11/24/04 09:04 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Oh Ignacio, again you know so very little. NO this is from a friend of mine that is a teacher of a very high level in Galicia. Never heard of this website. So no you did not guess. WRONG Many great people live in Spain that do not think like you. I guess that why I love Spain, knowing of my great friends that live may it be in Madrid - Sevilla - Zaragoza - etc etc. I am very lucky to know many people of different walks of lifes if here in the US or inEurope!
So I am very thankful of the great life that I have earned for working hard. I am greatful of my great health and of course most of all for my family and my wonderful friends on this earth. Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

#82682 - 11/24/04 09:13 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mecky, I though you might know who Manuel Fraga is. I was being ironic, because that thoughts you wrote not even the PP voters can subscribe. Only extreme rightists can, so I mentioned that guy who used to be Franco minister of "Información y Turismo", which represents the extremists within the PP in Galicia, apart from being the predident of the galician autonomous community at the moment. :p

#82683 - 11/24/04 10:17 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hello Mecky,

I too have enjoyed reading your posts. You are of course, correct, not everyone in Spain shares the current Spanish government's negative view of Americans.

By the way today, the King and Queen of Spain are spending the day with our President Bush at his Crawford Ranch.

#82684 - 11/24/04 10:26 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hopefully GWB is filling the King and Queen with Turkey and Dressing and some good ole Southern "Giblet" Gravy. We received our Butterball turkey and Pepperidge Farm Stuffing and plan on having 10-15 Friends over tomorrow for a traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner here in Madrid. Hope everyone has a Wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! Remember to give thanks for all you have.

#82685 - 11/24/04 10:34 AM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
You too, MedicalMan! Did you get Sweet Potato Pie?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

#82686 - 11/24/04 02:09 PM Re: Just so you don't think ALL of Spain dislikes W
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes I did! It was in a can, but it will have to do. My wife is baking the pumpkin pies for tomorrow right now(Smells good!)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1581 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments