Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8256 - 06/02/05 04:21 AM Madrid: Hotel Mayorazgo?
Eli99 Offline

Loc: Israel
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Mayorazgo recently? The few existing reviews are several years old. I am being offred a rate of 85 euro per night including breakfast, and would like to get a fresh opinion about this hotel. Thanks!

#8257 - 06/03/05 05:45 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Mayorazgo?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
I stayed at the Mayorazgo in July 2001. It is just off the Gran Via on a little side street not far from Plaza de España. All of which may mean nothing to you. It was the first place we ever stayed in Madrid. If it has not been refurbished, it is stretching it to call it a four star hotel. They probabaly get the rating because they have a bar, and probably a restaurant although I don't remember it. There is a nice tapas place in the plaza in front of the hotel. We would go there for sangría when we lived in Madrid.

Having said all of this, and not knowing how many are in your party, you would be much better served by staying at Hostal Adriano . Better area, better rooms, better price. You do have to walk up four flight of stairs, but if you are up for that, I would recommend it ahead of the Mayorazgo without hesitation. A hotel that I WOULD recommend that is on the Gran Via, but you won´t get it for 85 Euros per night, is the Emperador. If you get a rate of 85 Euros, stay there. They have pool on the roof with a nice view, and very large rooms.

Good luck!!

#8258 - 06/05/05 01:58 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Mayorazgo?
Eli99 Offline

Loc: Israel
GoMadrid: Thanks for the input; gave me some food for thought. By the way I see that the Adriano costs ca. 60 euro. How much would I be sacrificing in terms of comfort and convenience, compared to an 85 euro hotel? The 25 euro per night difference won't make me much poorer; neither will I become much richer by saving this difference. On the other hand, in the "right" circumstances, it definitely may ruin a holiday… :-)

#8259 - 06/05/05 03:33 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Mayorazgo?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Quite honestly I wasn't thinking about the money.

Compared to the room we stayed in at the Mayorazgo , the Hostal Adriano is better. The area is MUCH better. You wouldn't be sacrificing anything from my perspective. Sometimes more money doesn't get you more.

We have a saying in the U.S.A. "Put your money where your mouth is" I am going to Madrid at the end of September 2005, and I am staying at Hostal Adriano.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments