Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8242 - 05/28/05 12:11 PM Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
wbear Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Nebraska, USA
Want to be as close to Plaza Mayor as possible.
Have read/reviewed everything on Hostals Tijcal I , Cruz Sol , La Perla Asturiana , and Madrid , and Hotel Plaza Mayor . Tijcal I requires a walk, dragging luggage, but is it a "short" walk? Any advice/recommendations most appreciated!

#8243 - 05/28/05 12:43 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
wbear:

First to you and to all, Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. has a new website @ http://www.TIJCAL.com . The old one no longer works.

Second, Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. 1 is about one small block from Hostal T.I.J.C.A.L. 2. I think #1 is actually closer to Plaza Mayor than #2. And from BOTH, you could literally throw a stone and hit the Plaza Mayor. #1 is IMMEDIATELY next to the Plaza Mayor.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8244 - 05/28/05 02:56 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I highly recommend Tijcal I. We parked our car under the Plaza Major, then came right up nearly directly at the hostel. Also, it's on a pedestrian street, so it's really quiet. There is an elevator, but some rooms will still require using stairs to get to them.

#8245 - 05/28/05 04:27 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Tijcal probably wins the prize for being the closest, but Cruz Sol (which I believe has been well-reviewed previously on these boards) and Perla Austriana are also pretty darn close, being built into the Plaza Santa Cruz which abuts the Plaza Mayor. The Hospedaje Madrid is a few steps further, but still a stone's throw from the Plaza Mayor.

I have sung the praises of the Hotel Plaza Mayor on this bulletin board many times before--it certainly doesn't border as closely as Tijcal, Cruz Sol, and Perla Austriana--but it is a lovely, clean, well-appointed place to stay and is only a few steps from the Plaza Mayor.

#8246 - 06/05/05 01:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostals near Plaza Mayor?
jackym05 Offline

Loc: birmingham
Has anyone stopped at Hostal Las Murallas ? I have found it through this site. How far is it to walk to sites?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments