Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8234 - 05/23/05 02:14 PM Barcelona: Hotels/Hostels near Intercontinental Hotel Princesa Sofia?
wbear Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Nebraska, USA
Any recommendations for hotels/hostels near (within walking distance)Hotel Princesa Sofia in Barcelona?

#8235 - 05/27/05 05:17 PM Re: Barcelona: Hotels/Hostels near Intercontinental Hotel Princesa Sofia?
ggladman Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Hi wbear,

You probably already know this, but the Princesa Sofia is in the neighborhood of Les Corts (mi barrio! smile ) which is on the northwest side of the city. Since it's a little further away from the center of downtown, there aren't as many hostel-type accomodations nearby...it's more of a business/university district than a tourist area.

I do know of one relatively inexpensive hotel, though, and it's about 10 minutes' walk from the Princesa Sofia: the Husa Bonanova Park . My mom stayed here when she visited last year, and although the rooms are a little on the small side, they did seem nice enough, it's on a nice street and it's not too expensive (single rooms seem to run around 60€, depending on where you book them and when you're staying.)

Of course, the Princesa Sofia is also pretty close to the L3 metro, so it only takes about 20 minutes to get to Plaza Catalunya and the rest of downtown, if you decide you want to stay closer to the main tourist draws.

Hope this helps...let me know if there's any more information I can give you!

-greg

#8236 - 05/28/05 12:06 PM Re: Barcelona: Hotels/Hostels near Intercontinental Hotel Princesa Sofia?
wbear Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Nebraska, USA
Thx, Greg, not at all familiar with Barcelona so your comments helped!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments