Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82228 - 05/29/04 06:44 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thank you fine citizen of the world for telling us about our ignorance. It's amazing that this country can accomplish anything with us having trouble trying to figure out how to put our pants on! confused

If only we had your genius!

Fup

#82229 - 05/31/04 05:09 AM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Anitayole Offline

Loc: Madrid
...And our friend Gazpacho said.....

"By the way, who the heck is Amnesty International to be telling us how to run our country? Would you like them telling you how to run yours? "

My answer: JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA HAHAHAH oh my god...ejem ejem ...WHAT THE HELL ARE U SAYING??? eek America (sorry, not America but the Politicians, the people in power of America)is always telling other countries how to run their country!!!!!!! and IMPOSSING which form of government should be in all countries, ..so... I donīt agree with u there coleguita!!!!! rolleyes
I have a few Afganistan friends....and they always say the same thing...I wish Occident minded their own business! mad

For God Sake It was Americaīs politicians who put Bloddy Sadam Hussein, then decided to take him out, chose the afgani government, ..and a long list of etceteras..... eek and then Bush says, that DEMOCRACY is the CORRECT FORM OF GOVERNMENT!! ...HELLOOOO BUSH but how the hell can u tell people to live in Democracy if u allow for Death Capital Punishment , and engage ureself in war and FORCE ure way of thinking with regards how the rest of the world should live!!!!!!!!
What kind of an example of Democracy is that ???? and the same comment goes for our Friend Tony (The Tiger) Blair and for Joseph Mary Aznar. Oh sorry!! ..what u saying??? Ah!!! u went to war to save the world, and to save the irakis??, mmmmmmm I wonder if they are as concered for the irakis as for the people in Sudan, Ruanda, Burundi, Somalia, Zimbawe ....and etc etc etc
The hell with them three..!!!they have put the entire world in danger by playing God! mad

And Charlost..that was harsh to say that majority of Americanīs are ignorant..I mean DO U KNOW THEM ALL PERSONALLY??there is also a lot of ignorance in Spain. I think is very non-tolerantnarrowminded when someone declares comments such as ...."cause u americans" ...
At least in USA they have a strong sense of Nationality, whereas here in Spain we are all divided and u get called FACHA for carrying a Spanish flag.. ridiculous!!I donīt know who is more ignorant

#82230 - 05/31/04 12:14 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Anitayole,

I'm convinced now that you should be president. Your reasoning is certainly worthy of any politician. laugh Too bad a bunch of us ignorant Americans don't vote for the Spanish president.

I have a very good Afghanstani friend and he totally agrees with our stand in Afghanistan. Seems that being captured and tortured by the Russians made quite an American out of him. He couldn't stand what the Taliban was doing to his country. He has nothing but contempt for Bin Laden, which he calls Uncle Ben.

I know that it's useless to say it again, but we would have let the Middle-East be if they left us alone. So, if they don't want our interference, they should tend to their own knitting. But yep, I agree, we tell nations how to run themselves when they don't leave us or their neighbors alone. We have the means to impose our will when provoked.

The fact that our security is compromised during a war, as pointed out by Amnesty International via charlost, indicates they have a firm grasp on the obvious. Amnesty International must have quite the "think tank" to come to this conclusion. Now this is something to laugh about. wink

#82231 - 05/31/04 12:17 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Fupanier Offline

Loc: Oregon
Quick note Anitayole -

While much of your comments deserve a response - I just wanted to note two things. One, Bush just quietly brokered a settlement in the Sudan after 20 years of bloody civil war:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/05/27/1085641647017.html?from=storylhs

The other is thanks for noting the biased nature of the "Americans are ignorant" statement. smile

Fup

#82232 - 05/31/04 12:58 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
charlost Offline

Loc: madrid ahora en buenos aires
Hello again everybody. I have to correct myself about my not very affortunated comment about the americans. Its true I was rude and harsh so Im sorry. Anyway, its true that in Spain a lot of people is ignorant as well but most of the people was against the war. Maybe some of them (me too) are ignorant but we apreciate the humans rights insted of looking for the petrol and make bussiness with the people s life. I belive in another world but not with the USA leadership. Its leading us to the destruccion and the war, fighting against in the past their political friends (Irak, ,Nicaragua) For me the Americans dont try to change their politicians, maybe they are not interested o maybe they prefer a unfair world, but their unfair world. Please its knew for everybody that mayority of americans are very conservative and very patriotic. Well in Spain is not like that, and maybe to show your flag in front of people is not so good (maybe because I very traumatic histoty and a quite amount of nationalities on our territory) but not being patriotic do not mean anything wrong, for me its the oppositte cause it means more democratic spirit if you respect the everyone else. We can say I dont like my country I dont like my flag I feel myself different and everything is O.K. Its up to you. Try to say that in the middle of any street in America. I know some American people. I met them in Europe and most of them admit that americans are too conservative and they believe in their freedom but not in everybodyelse s
The problem with the patriotism is that . sometimes your love for your country do not permit you to see the reality, the truth. the truth is tha USA, not their people (a mayority support Bush, but anyway) is ****ing up the rest of the world, and many others with them but with the USA leadership, Spain in recent months.
I will finish. About IA, international Ammnisty? I dont pretend to be lead by it. I dind say that but this organitation is saying that America is making the world more difficult to live in so...I think IA has good enought reputation to believe in it.But I dont know them to know something so obvious.

Peace my friends

#82233 - 06/30/04 01:20 AM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
As I recall back in March, Mr. Z said he had to pull Spanish troops out of Iraq IMMEDIATLY and without delay because there was NO WAY that Iraq would be granted any sort of soveriegnty and there was NO WAY that ANY SORT of UN resolution authorizing an AMERICAN led force after 30 June would EVER be agreed upon.

That was back in March. Today Iraq has the beginings of an open and free government. The UN Security Council has by unanimous ageement approved a U.S. led multinational force to assisit the Iraqi people in their quest for a free nation, something they have never had before.

Every rationale that Z used to abandon the Iraqi people and leave the U.S. alone in Iraq have been exposed as falsehoods and lies. Spain stands with egg on its face before the world community. Compare Spain to Britain, Poland and South Korea. They didn't run away.

I'm no Spainiard, and I don't presume to know what is best for Spain. I can only speak as an American. But Spain today looks foolish and cowardly. Spain is utterly untrustworthy. The honorable people of Spain have your current Prime Minister to thank for that.

#82234 - 06/30/04 01:30 AM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
I would agree with your statements Kurt, but I would say the Spanish Government, looks foolish, not Spain. The Spanish Government's lies have been exposed as being cowardly. I definitely agree that Spaniards in general, are an honorable people. Good post Kurt.

#82235 - 06/30/04 10:22 AM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Well, I agree with Kurt completely. A nation's soul can be judged by its utter Government. And we have a government that has lied in this issue.

Simply put, ZP used a very serious matter (Iraq's War) and the pain of the victims in a irresponsible way to achieve the power, no matter the consequences for our country.

Now he supports the UN resolution, but he won't send soldiers again to Iraq, not even instructors, cause he know he will loose the public support he needs to maintain control of the Government (other parties could censor him).

In the end, Spain lost a great opportunity of becoming a true and recognised political power in the world for nothing. Now USA are enhancing ties with Morocco and making it a main ally, which clearly endanger spanish interests in the zone (politically and economicly).

confused

Fernando

#82236 - 06/30/04 04:27 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Z did what he said he would if he was elected. The people voted for him on that principle. Whether or not it will prove to be an adverse situation to Spain's government remains to be seen.

The biggest problem is that he didn't handle the withdrawal without opening his mouth. Had he just did what he said he intended doing it would have been less of an issue, but he couldn't keep his big mouth shut and had to take verbal shots at both Blair and Bush, then turn it against our nations as well.

Only a fool makes the mistake of adding insult to injury when it comes to old friends. He made it very difficult for his government to gain any support from either nation on any issues of importance to Spain.

Of course Z has Chirac and Schroeder, who will be glad to help him, as long as he toes the line and does exactly what they say in EU - without question.

Its amazing how one man's mouth can set diplomacy back a quarter of a century when it would have been better if he kept it shut.

Then.... we have Bush, don't we? And the game goes on and on......

Wolf

#82237 - 06/30/04 06:50 PM Re: Z has embarked on a dangerous road
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Wolf, the problem is that we don't have Schroeder and Chirac either. They seek their own benefit disregarding the common benefit of European Union.

Now ZP has broken links with USA, UK and Algeria, and we still don't have France, Germany or Morocco as allies instead. So we are more isolated than ever.

Fernando

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments