Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81834 - 09/27/08 02:12 PM Paul Newman of Ohio R.I.P
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Doesn't really fit into the subject matter of this part of the meessage board but I thought I'd pay my respects to a great actor , and a great man ( as well as being devastatingly handsome ) . Paul Newman was born in Cleveland - Ohio .. MM's home State .. A fellow Ohioian ( ?) and died last night in Connecticut .
I'm sure that anybody who has seen films like "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" , "The Color of Money" and the wonderful "Somebody up there Likes me" will mourn a real Hollywood legend . Steve

#81835 - 09/27/08 09:13 PM Re: Paul Newman of Ohio R.I.P
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Let's not also forget, "Cool Hand Luke", 'shakin the bush here boss!"

#81836 - 09/28/08 12:21 AM Re: Paul Newman of Ohio R.I.P
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
As much as I enjoyed his movies, (he was great), I will always remember him as a great humanitarian, helping children of cancer and opening up camps for them. He made millions with his food products and all of it going to charity. I will continue buying his products. He was a man's man! My favorite movie of his? The Sting.

#81837 - 09/28/08 03:25 PM Re: Paul Newman of Ohio R.I.P
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That was a shame. I didn't hear the news until someone told me at Saturday night's USA Presidential Debate (delayed one day) at the Casa de América here in Madrid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Newman says he was born in Shaker Heights, Ohio - which is a kind of suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Wow! I didn't even know that! That's about 45 minutes from where I live(d)!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000056/ for Newman's film career info and long biography.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments