Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81739 - 05/10/07 05:04 PM Places to stay
driven989 Offline

Hey all,

Will be doing some traveling (Rome, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam). Just wondering if anyone knows of any good, affordable hostAls or hotels in any of these places? Sorry this has nothing to do w/Madrid!

Thanks!

#81740 - 05/11/07 06:39 AM Re: Places to stay
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
driven989, I've moved your topic here to the "World Travel Forum".

While waiting for suggestions, try a SEARCH using the city as keywords for this forum category. I did one and saw a few mentioning them. But be careful - "hostAls" only exist in Catalonia/Catalunya/Cataluña in this world. (it's a Catalán word) I'm guessing you're asking about hostels (called "hostales" in Spain/Spanish) and probably not YOUTH hostels (called "albergues juveniles" in Spain/Spanish). In Italy, "pensiones" are the equivalent to the Spanish hostels ("hostales").

I stayed in one youth hostel and one pension in Rome but that was before the internet so I can't offer any websites - nor do I remember their names. Surely with all of our world travelers here we can get some suggestions for lodging in at least Rome and Amsterdam. xfingers

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81741 - 05/12/07 10:45 AM Re: Places to stay
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
For Rome,I recommend B and B Maryelen, near the Termini RR station. See it here:
http://en.venere.com/bed_and_breakfasts_rome/esquilino_termini/bed_and_breakfast_maryelen.html
The proprieter speaks English and serves a nice breakfast. When we were there we had an early flight, so she woke up early just for us. She's very helpful with maps and restaurant suggestions. On the venere site you'll find many other b and b's, many less expensive than this one. If you can stay in Trastevere that would be great also.

#81742 - 05/13/07 05:09 AM Re: Places to stay
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The official Maryelen B&B website in Rome is http://www.maryelen.com/ (bilingual - except for the menu)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81743 - 05/13/07 10:24 PM Re: Places to stay
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
In Amsterdam, I like The Frisco Inn , It is run by an Irish Family, so English is no problem. (Although English is never much of a problem in Amsterdam.) The bar is very friendly and you can see almost any sport. It is located less than 150 meters from the train station and right on most major tram lines.

In two trips to Prague we had good luck going with the runners in the train station setting us up in private rooms. They were clean, the people were friendly and helpful and the locations were good.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments