Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81643 - 02/28/07 10:39 AM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
is there a way we could post some pictures here of our travels and the people in the forum could see it...
Really, the only way to post photos is to have them housed/stored on a photo album-photo storage website like flikr.com. From there (I believe), you can import the link here using the IMG button shown on the text editor (if using the "Quick Reply" text editor now, you'll see a button just below which says "Full Reply Form", click that and you'll see the "IMG" button below that text editor) and importing it that way. Just becareful of the pixel size of photo you're showing, it may overwhelm a normal person's screen.

And, as a function of the policy of the message board, you can't post links to your websites or photo albums either in the body of your postings, I'm sorry to say. You can, however, put a link in the signature file of your "my profile" so that it can be seen when posting but you can't post something like, "Hey Everyone! Click the link in my signature below!" That's not allowed.

Happy Travels, everyone!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81644 - 02/28/07 11:08 AM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
esperanza

Quote:
We are off to our beloved Argentina for 7 weeks this summer...as soon as school lets out, we are GONE! Buenos Aires and the undiscovered Northwest, where we will be able to reconnect with our friends there!
You are away for seven weeks is this a vacation or work? I would love to put my life on hold for seven weeks.

When you get back I will be asking you about the Northwest. My plans for November is to spend a 5-6 six day there.

Bill

#81645 - 02/28/07 12:46 PM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

well Bill, I teach, so I have an extended summer vacation, that is why I can go away for 7 weeks. Last summer we were in Spain, and the summer before in Argentina (when my Fulbright began). The year before that I was in Mexico. I know I am lucky! I have the "wanderlust" that is for sure. I do plan on doing some research and some work on my school website, but mostly just soaking in the Argentine culture. I am hoping to video tape "real" people and make some video podcasts for my classes. Sounds a bit intimidating, but I am up for the challenge.

#81646 - 02/28/07 02:31 PM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Im collecting postcards... and i hope some of you guys could drop at me some cards of your tour

Pedmar: they say that toulouse is a nice place...

Neilstrauss23: yes Toulouse is beautiful and very Spanish, going back to many immigrants from the civil war.The Spanish is home there. the pink city as it is know for the color of its bricks.
AND,
I ,also, collect postcards;have from 73 countries about 3000. Maybe some day we can take a look of our collection?

#81647 - 02/28/07 09:17 PM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

pedmar, if you are collecting postcards, I would recommend the website Postcrossing My daughters are members and they receive postcards from all over the world. Enjoy!

#81648 - 03/01/07 06:37 AM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Well, all good things must come to an end. After four years in Madrid, I will be transferring back to the US.

#81649 - 03/02/07 05:09 AM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
neilstrauss23 Offline

Loc: madrid
Esperanza: Thanks ill try to be a member there:

PEDMAR: Sure ill we will look for those one day!

MM: ill keep posted on that to post some photos... thanks for the info.

Now visitin VALENCIAMAN...

#81650 - 03/02/07 09:03 AM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
Thanks Esperanza for the site!!

Neilstrauss23, waiting for MM to have a GTG date I can go to Madrid,preferibly a weekend day,but other might do.

#81651 - 04/05/07 06:41 PM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
My Husband and I have just come back from a 7 week trip to SE Asia - visiting Malaysia, Laos and Cambodia.
I'm now planning my September/October trip to Spain.
() / ()

#81652 - 04/06/07 06:48 PM Re: What plans for this year Travelling?
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
Cologne for 2 nights for a stag do in May. :jump:

Santorini for 2 weeks in late May, early June for the wedding. laugh

Jamaica in December for another wedding. frown (don't fancy it at all)

Only trip to Spain this year is looking like Santiago de Compostela over our August Bank Holiday.

Need a new job - on great money at the moment but not anywhere near enough holiday entitlement to use it frown

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments