Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81562 - 05/12/06 03:14 PM Poland
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
Im heading to poland on the 1st of june. We are flying into Lodz and out of Krakow a week later. Other than that we havent planning anything yet! I know were leaving it late but i am in the middle of my finals in uni! Has anybody got any places that are must see, in southern poland or places to stay etc! there is a good compnay now flying girona to poland http://www3.centralwings.com/skylights/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi?language=EN and they are very cheap! Any help would be great. Thanks

#81563 - 05/12/06 11:25 PM Re: Poland
misspom Offline

Loc: new york
Well, there's quite a lot to go and see in the south of Poland. Krakow is considered the most beautiful of polish cities, a lot of history there. And since you're going to be in Krakow you must take the short trip over to see Auchwitz, whatever's left of it. But If you feel up to a real history flashback go to visit the Majdanek deathcamp, in the outskirts of Lublin. Then try to imagine anybody saying they didn't know anything was going on.
Sorry, I'm a polish jew. Lots to say about this.

#81564 - 05/13/06 05:15 AM Re: Poland
edel Offline

Thanks we might go via there on the way to krakow. I have just looked at a website about the deathcamp and it looks very interesting. Does anybody know of any nice nature resverse where we could stay for a day or two. We are going to bring our tent and we dont mind camping!

#81565 - 05/13/06 02:34 PM Re: Poland
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Edel:

I was just recently in Poland and there are way more things to see than death camps!

Krakow, as mentioned, is a beautiful city, similar to Prague. Visit the Cloth Hall in the old square and the Wawel Castle complex. The castle, museums, and cathedral are fabulous! Sample Wedel candy while you are there and listen for the historic bugle call from the cathedral in the old square that sounds every hour. The royal salt mines are just outside of town and they are outstanding. They even include an underground church and ballroom, complete with chandeliers. English is widely spoken and the big old hotels around the central train station are cheap and safe.

I hope you have a great trip!

#81566 - 05/13/06 02:36 PM Re: Poland
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
I forgot, you will not be far from Zakopane in the Tatras, lots of good hiking and beautiful scenery.

DaveB

#81567 - 05/14/06 01:32 PM Re: Poland
edel Offline

thanks i can start getting excited next wednesday, until then its back to the books!

#81568 - 05/29/06 06:38 PM Re: Poland
edel Offline

This is what i have been playing for my week in poland now that my exams are over, due to my boyfriend losing his license we cant rent a car so we will be travelling by train:

This is what we hope to do in a week? Is it 2 much? Is there anything along the way we should not miss?

Edel & Barry’s trip to Poland

1st June
Arrive Lodz: 21.30
Check into hotel

2nd of June Spend afternoon looking around lodz
Take the 18.31 train to Warsaw (€ 7)

Arrive Warsaw 20.32
Check into hostel (Nathan's Villa Hostel Warsaw-€12)

3rd of June Spend day in Warsaw
Take the 17.05 train to Krakow (€ 20)
Arrive 19.55
Check into Hostel

4th of June Spend in Krakow sightseeing

5th of June Head to Auschwitz
Take the train from Kraków Główny to Oświęcim 09.05
Arrive 10.33 (€2.5)
There are return trains at 14.13, 15.16, 16.40, 17.24, 19.06

6th of June Day of Fun (Water park and shooting range)

7th of June Flight to London at 10.00
Need to check in at Krakow airport at 8.45

#81569 - 06/01/06 02:47 PM Re: Poland
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Sorry I was late for this thread, I was in Poland for New Years and it was fantastic!
There is so much to see here, I recc. Poland for anyone who wants to see it all on one trip
Me

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments