Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81557 - 04/20/06 11:33 AM Re: Rome -Pompeii - trip report
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:
"Throwing one coin in will ensure that the thrower will return to Rome. Throwing two coins ensures that the thrower will fall in love with a beautiful Roman girl (or handsome boy), and throwing three coins now ensures that the thrower will marry that girl or boy in Rome."
Deibid

Thanks for the warning, I did not know that.

In the future any girl I take to Rome better not be throwing more than one coin. I not taking her to Rome because she planning to marry some Italian on my trip. thumbsup

Bill

#81558 - 04/20/06 07:57 PM Re: Rome -Pompeii - trip report
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Debid--

¡No me digas! ..what a saying...who knew? I only knew about the one coin. Guess the old proverb is correct...no hay dos sin tres (non c'è due senza tre).

By the way...Molise is near Lazio. Actually, when people ask where it is I just tell them..."go to Rome and make a left turn and drive towards the Adriatic."

Bill...be careful...at least when I through the coins in the fountain they were lire...practically worth nothing...now, with the euro...that's an expense!...and one you could pay for for a very long time!

Sheryl

#81559 - 04/21/06 12:15 AM Re: Rome -Pompeii - trip report
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Hi MM,
This summer I was in Rome and stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast near the Termini train station: Bed and Breakfast Maryelen. The lady who runs it speaks English, and provides a comfortable room with private bath, air conditioning and a satisfying breakfast. She also supplies maps. The location is excellent, and the price can't be beaten (80 euros). I would definitely stay there again.
http://en.venere.com/bed_and_breakfasts_...i_maryelen.html

#81560 - 04/21/06 02:47 AM Re: Rome -Pompeii - trip report
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
WOW! what a great place! now I regret booking a hotel. I know what to do next time.

Sheryl... gotcha

#81561 - 04/21/06 08:13 AM Re: Rome -Pompeii - trip report
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Want more? The birthplace of Pontius Pilate help and land of many earthquakes! eek

Sheryl

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments