Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81453 - 07/08/05 08:20 AM Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
After much research I have yet to find a DIRECT transfer - airport to airport - in Washington D.C. All I've found so far is tranport from one airport to a central "hub" (be it metro, train, or bus) and then out to the other airport. Apart from the obvious taxi transport (which apparently costs between $50-$60) is there any other known, commercial (or public) transport from Washington D.C. Dulles Airport to Washington Reagan National Airport?

I'm asking for a friend who, ODDLY ENOUGH, arrives at one of the Washington airports & must transfer to the other airport for their connecting flight. I've seen this happening in New York where persons arrive at, say, JFK and then must transfer themselves to La Guardia for their connecting flight. rolleyes I've also seen this happen in London arriving at, say, London Gatwick and having to transfer to London Heathrow.

Thanks! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81454 - 07/08/05 10:37 AM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
You may want to check out the "Super Shuttle." I think that's the name of the company. I know they go downtown but I think they will also go between the airports (Reagan National, Dulles and BWI) in the DC area.

Hope this is helpful.

marilisa smile

#81455 - 07/08/05 01:14 PM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Yeah. I've already checked SuperShuttle.com but they don't make direct transfer but rather takes you to a "hub". But thanks for the suggestion!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81456 - 07/11/05 04:18 PM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
llewilli Offline

Loc: Washington DC
I'm not sure about a direct transfer (i'll ask around) but the metro is SUPER easy and SUPER fast. The stop is actually in National Airport. So if your friend can hop a shuttle to the metro by Dulles, that would be the quickest way.

#81457 - 07/28/05 11:35 AM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Don't know whether this is all old business now, but in all my ins and outs through DC, I am still unaware of any direct transportation between Dulles and National Airports other than taxi. The Washington Flyer Bus goes the the West Falls Church Metro and the Super Shuttle does not imply that you can go between (but if it's like Aero City in Madrid, why not?). There doesn't appear to be a great deal of demand for the service since neither Dulles or National are really hubs.

#81458 - 07/28/05 05:23 PM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
LouW Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
MadridMan,

I know this is late in coming, but WashingtonFlyer is a good bet or try Metro. The Metro website's "Ride guide" can give you the details on the trail/bus combination you need ( www.wmata.com ). Metro stops at National Airport, but only goes as far a Vienna, VA -- some distance from Dulles.

BTW, I just flew to and returned from Guatemala via Dulles. Since 9/11, Dulles has become a stultifying mess (National is much better organized). Get there early (3 hours before flight time).

-LouW

#81459 - 07/28/05 06:40 PM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks, LouW and everyone, but the WashingtonFlyer doesn't go from one airport to the other. It goes to the West Falls Church Metro station. Seems there no link between the airports. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#81460 - 07/28/05 07:19 PM Re: Washington D.C. Airports: Dulles to Reagan transfer?
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Washington Flyer used to go between the airports, but they discontinued the service a few years ago. The cheapest way to do the transfer is take Washington Flyer to the Falls Church metro, get the orange line, then switch to the blue line at Rosslyn and take it to the airport. The transfer to the blue line is easy and the metro station lets you off right at National Airport.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments