Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81438 - 06/02/05 09:46 AM Puerto Rico
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Hi all,

I realize this is very last minute - but so is my trip. Just found out I am going to Puerto Rico on Saturday 6/4/05. Anyone been there?

I hear there are a lot of tapas places in old San Juan. I guess it will have to do until i get back to Spain.

Anyway, I would like to know if there are any must-sees or must-eats, as I have not have sufficient time to prepare by reading travel guides and researching on the net.

Anyone know info on Puerto Rican cuisine?

Hope to hear from someone,
Spark

p.s. i think we will be in dorado and san juan mostly, but i hear all of the island is very accessable

#81439 - 06/02/05 12:08 PM Re: Puerto Rico
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hi!
I am actually Puerto Rican, well Nyorican, and I was last there three to four years ago. Unfortunetly, San Juan is veeery Americanized. There are a few Tapas places in Old San Juan which are quite good but I can't give you any names since it was so long ago.
If you want the real Puerto Rico go to a city called fahaldo or to a campo. The island is small and can be seen in just a few days. Def go to El Morro (the fort that an irishman actually designed) and the rainforest.
As far as fooyd if you want some good typical food, email me.
Ciao.

#81440 - 06/16/05 01:22 AM Re: Puerto Rico
Marilyn Offline

Loc: New Jersey
We spent two weeks there several summers ago. We traveled around the entire island, and spent three nights in Vieques. The highlight of the trip was kayaking in Mosquito Bay on a moonless night and being thrilled by the dinoflagellates that glow when your hand or paddle hit the water. My daughter learned to love to eat quenepas. Other hightlights: El Yunque's rain forest and swimming there, Rio Camuy Cave Park, the Bacardi Rum Distillery in Catano, and the beautiful beaches on Vieques.

#81441 - 06/16/05 08:35 AM Re: Puerto Rico
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
Divino Bocadito in old San Juan, Todo Tapas Taberna in Old San Juan

#81442 - 06/16/05 08:36 AM Re: Puerto Rico
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
Hi all,
thanks for the comments!

we had a wonderful time. ate everything, drank every kind of rum possible, beautiful landscapes!

We only had a car for 2 days, so we used it to see old san juan (and to get back to the airport) - El Yunque was closed due to all the RAIN but all in all we had a good time in the 4 days we were there. My husband played golf at dorado east, and i caddied (i.e. drove the cart and drank bloody marys) - great day and a gorgeous course with 4 holes along the ocean.

thanks again,
Spark

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments