MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11
Topic Options
#81412 - 11/12/07 02:18 PM Re: Argentina
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I recently came back from my second, two week long trip to Buenos Aires. On my last visit I discover this event and it has become one of the hightlights of my BA visits.

Enjoy and if you are in Buenos Aires make the time to go! cloud9

Bill

#81413 - 11/17/07 04:10 PM Re: Argentina
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Bill, so happy you had another great trip to Buenos Aires! I am dying to see your new photographs, so when you have them please let me know. Did you go to the CasaSaltshaker again for dinner? We didn't get to do that last summer, unfortunately.
The Feria de Mataderos sounds like a great place. Thanks for sharing that tip.

#81414 - 11/19/07 03:40 PM Re: Argentina
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

esperanza

You never visited the La Feria De Mataderos? Make the time to see it, you will thank me. cloud9

Yes I did have dinner at Casa Saltshaker again. Excellent and it made me do something I only thought about doing.

At dinner I meet a couple from Tampa Florida and they were staying a B&B outside of BA for a week learning to cook Argentina dishes.

So I took a 1/2 day class learning to make empanadas. It was my first time taking a cooking class and I enjoyed it. I learned how to make beef and corn empanadas, baked and deep fried of each.

There is something special when you sit down to have a good meal that you learn to do yourself. laugh

My next visit to Buenos Aires I will take some more classes, my teacher was a joy to learn from. The link to the class or classes is Cooking with Teresita

This was so fun for me, to learn to cook something I enjoy eating and mind opening to do when I visit Spain again I have to look at taking a cooking class too.

I am still editing the photos. thumbsup

Bill

#81415 - 03/16/08 10:34 PM Re: Argentina
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I imagine the New York people on the board already saw this, but for anyone who missed it, there was an article about Buenos Aires in today's (16 March) New York Times. Click here to read the article.

I've never been to Argentina, but based on the rave reviews by MM board members and the many positive articles I have read about it, I may have to make a trip there soon. cool (Also, with the dollar's plummeting value, it may be one of the few foreign countries I can afford to visit! rolleyes )

#81416 - 03/17/08 06:15 AM Re: Argentina
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I've been thinking on a trip to Buenos Aires for some time now . Spurred on , it not a small way , by the constant hassle I get from my "amigos Argentinos " here in Madrid .Your account has definitely added to my wish to go there .
I was also interested in your photos of the cemetary... I loved them but a word of warning to people in Spain ( I'll post this on another topic area of the message board )

#84132 - 04/02/09 03:26 PM Re: Argentina [Re: steve robinson]
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
steve - have you been yet???

spent a few weeks there last year - one of my favourite cities!

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 9 10 11

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1609 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments