Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81303 - 05/21/05 10:56 PM Paris Airport - anyone familiar?
MadridGirl273 Offline

I will a layover in Paris between Cincinnati, Ohio and Madrid. I should have about an hour in between (both on the way and back) - but with any delays in the U.S., I may be cutting it close.

How large is Terminal 2? Does anyone know what Aerogare 2 refers to? I would so appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

#81304 - 05/21/05 11:30 PM Re: Paris Airport - anyone familiar?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there! To which Paris airport are you traveling? Paris has the Roissy Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly. I imagine it's the larger, CDG airport. Regardless, you can find MUCH information about BOTH of Paris' Airports at their website http://www.adp.fr/ . Go to the bottom of the page and click the WELCOME link for the English version.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81305 - 05/22/05 02:09 AM Re: Paris Airport - anyone familiar?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
If you are flying in from the USA you are going to Charles DeGualle. Orly is mostly charter, domestic and inter-European. Aerogare at CDG refers to the train station. In the airport they have T1, T2 and T9. T9 is charter. Terminal 1 is the round one with the plasric tubes you often see in movies. Terminal 2 is long and linear. Different American airlines use different terminals. There is a free bus between them.

One hour can be very short in the best of airports, but CDG was designed by the French to
be "modern" and can be very difficult. (I am being generous to the French!) Immigration is much faster in T1 than T2.

I would spend some time on the airline websites scouting locations so you have a plan when you land. They all have maps of their major connecting airports. Also, the in-flight magazine has airport maps and make sure to listen to the connecting gate announcement before you land.

I would also do some research into alternative later flights on your related airlines so you can make suggestions. The person at the counter in France is not usually that interested in digging too deep to solve your problem.

If needed, there is a bus from CDG to Orly. Approx. 15 euros and it takes an hour.

#81306 - 05/23/05 12:52 PM Re: Paris Airport - anyone familiar?
pixiechic39 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hey Lindsey, I had a layover in London on friday night (spain's time} and was supposed to have about 2 hours in between flights but b/c of the rain from where |was flying from, I missed my layover. I flew on British Airways and they put on another plane within 45 minutes. But of course there was not enough time for my luggage to get there, so it arrived the next day! In case happens, make sure you have a tag with your local address on it. It seems so obvious- but I didn't do it! Luckily it got to me by the bar code. Anyway, I was so happy to be in Spain, that it wasn't too big of a deal! But I still hope you have more luck than I did.
--allison

#81307 - 05/23/05 07:54 PM Re: Paris Airport - anyone familiar?
MadridGirl273 Offline

Thank you so much for your help! I spoke with someone from AirFrance today as well, so I'm pretty reassured about my flight.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments