Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81289 - 05/09/05 09:54 AM China in August
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
It's my time to ask you guys a question.... I was thinking on going to China this summer, from Beijing to Xian, Guilin, Shanghai and the beautiful towns surrounding it. The thing is that I can only go in August, and I've heard the monsoons (it's that how u say it in english?) hit southern China pretty bad at that time of the year.... Anyone know anything about it? Any help will be really appreciated. If I can't go to China this year it's gonna be hard to think on an alternative destination!!!!

#81290 - 05/09/05 10:45 AM Re: China in August
nevado Offline

I wouldn't worry about it- heck, they don't think it's a problem to have the olympics there during that time. Beijing and Xian are up in the north and ne.center so I don't think you have to worry. The other times of the year are worse- I've only been during the spring and let me tell you, Beijing was cold as heck (Xian was nice)! I'd take monsoon over freezing rain and umbrellas forced inside out because of the wind.
I lived in Asia a while and in all we only had one monsoon up in the northern part (and it really wasn't a big deal). The south, that's a different story (s.e. asia).
You'll have a great time- I loved China (the little I saw). Are you going on a tour or by yourself? Have fun!

#81291 - 05/10/05 06:58 AM Re: China in August
JasMadrid Offline

Thanks for the info Nevado, but, how about Guilin, which is in the south part, not so far from Hong Kong? Will it be a problem?

#81292 - 05/10/05 10:49 AM Re: China in August
nevado Offline

That I'm not sure...it will be humid though! smile I really wouldn't worry too much about it- sure, it might rain, you might get into typhoon/monsoon messes, but hey, that's the fun of traveling, right? I wouldn't cancel your trip because of it-tons of tourist go in the summer. I was in Singapore in August and, although it was humid and rained from time to time, I had a great stay. The days were not filled with rain; it would come down for a bit and then be a perfectly normal, humid, day. Coming from Spain, the humidity will be a greater shock to you than any monsoon (unless it's really bad) smile ! Hope you have a great trip!

#81293 - 05/11/05 02:53 AM Re: China in August
JasMadrid Offline

Thanks Nevado. I wasn't really "worried", it's just that I wouldn't like to miss the true beauty of southern china just because it's raining all day. However, if it is as you say, rain but not all the time, leaving you time to enjoy the scenery, then I will go!!! And if we have a typhoon while being there, hey, that's a new experience to live smile

Thank you again Nevado. It was really useful!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments