MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81277 - 03/18/05 07:01 AM Re: USA! East coast trip report
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Very interesting to hear your impressions. Next
time, come out and visit us in the provinces!

#81278 - 03/18/05 07:05 AM Re: USA! East coast trip report
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Well, I have a far future plan of doing the West Coast. I have a close friend who is working at Berkeley University, so I hope to visit him someday and know San Francisco and California.
But... it might be interensting to get to know Ohio and the Mighty MadridMan's home. laugh

#81279 - 03/19/05 12:29 AM Re: USA! East coast trip report
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
IT ALL MAKES SENCE NOW!!!
LOL! laugh laugh
I can be such a ding bat at times, Lo siento!

Ohio is cool Dave, I actually spent some time in Columbus (worked for Nationwide Insurance) and drove from Clevland to Cincinati...what are some of the cool sites around ya?

#81280 - 03/19/05 06:44 AM Re: USA! East coast trip report
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
deibid writes:
Quote:
Well, I have a far future plan of doing the West Coast. I have a close friend who is working at Berkeley University, so I hope to visit him someday and know San Francisco and California.
Is that Cal-Berkeley??

That's nice! But San Francisco is a lot different from Los Angeles or San Juan Capistrano, San Diego, or any of the other Missions along the Camino Réal. cool

But I think that first, you should complete your East Coast swing which, up to now, has been mostly a New York City and Washington D.C. thing. Boston and Philadelphia (where I live) are two cities rich in history that you left out. There's much more to the East coast than you included in your trip report. rolleyes

#81281 - 03/21/05 06:30 AM Re: USA! East coast trip report
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Sorry I missed your message Joe! I was in Detroit
for the weekend on business. I am glad to hear that you have a favorable impression of this area but I must admit that there is not much to see.

The countryside in the southeast is very pretty in the summer and fall. There are several small towns around here that have well preserved old homes and Columbus is a much improved city.

Marietta, OH is a picture postcard town on the Ohio River that looks like time stopped in 1900!

I have had several exchange students here (one from Spain) and they have ended up enjoying themselves. Deibid should pass through here on his grand tour.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments