Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81259 - 03/08/05 02:17 PM Croatia anybody?
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Has anybody been to Croatia lately?
Planning a September vacation, hubby seems to like the idea of Croatia. I'm not too crazy about it, but before refusing I figured I do some research and ask around.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Chus

#81260 - 03/08/05 03:02 PM Re: Croatia anybody?
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Last summer I drove from Madrid to Slovenia and Croatia and we had a lot of fun!! Slovenia is a small but great country. A beautiful, green, hikers paradise. Bled and Bohinj lakes are worth the visit, and hiking the Julian Alps I took tons of awesome pictures.

After leaving Slovenia we drove all the way down to Dubrovnik in Croatia. You will love it, believe me. We visited several of the islands close to the city, and each one of them is a natural paradise (don't miss Mlet). We also went to Montenegro for one day, and it was really interesting. After that, we stayed in Split, a city born in the remains of a huge roman palace (do I need to say more). We also went to Plitvice National Park.... I have no words to describe its beauty....

Go for it. But only after you have visited Spain laugh

#81261 - 03/10/05 01:10 AM Re: Croatia anybody?
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Ok, I'll admit I'm reporting second-hand news, but a friend at work was just in Croatia last fall. He highly recommended it and had nothing but good things to say.

Good luck! If you go, let us know how it turns out.

#81262 - 03/11/05 07:24 AM Re: Croatia anybody?
Dave B. Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
I will have an exchange student from Croatia later this year. He will be arriving in August 05. I will gladly have him e-mail you as soon as I hear from him, if you would like.

#81263 - 03/11/05 12:21 PM Re: Croatia anybody?
Chus Offline

Thanks guys!!!
After your postings and some more web searching I'm even considering going!! wink
It seems like a really beautiful country. We love the outdoors and hiking, some historic places too, it looks like we'll have a good time. Unfortunately we won't have much time, 8 to 10 days, but we'll try to enjoy it as much as possible.
Thanks for all the suggestions JasMadrid, Vicki for your friends comments, and Dave B. definitely I wouldn't mind having a local's advise!
JasMadrid, I'm from Spain so I think I got the "Spanish tour" very much covered wink
Thanks for all your help,

Chus

#81264 - 03/11/05 12:48 PM Re: Croatia anybody?
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
hehehe... I should have known with such a nick... Have fun in Croatia.

#81265 - 03/13/05 09:31 PM Re: Croatia anybody?
mhmartel Offline

Loc: Konstanz, Germany
We were in Croatia in September 2003, and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable trips of my life. The coast is very beautiful, the food is great and really inexpensive. Even in September, the weather was still warm enough to go swimming. If sight-seeing is your thing, there are actually lots of interesting historical sites to visit: our favorite was the city of Split (built into the ruins of the palace of the Emperor Diocletian).

Just pick up a good guidebook and go! And quickly, before everybody else discovers what a wonderful (and cheap!) destination Croatia is. I promise you wont regret it.

#81266 - 03/14/05 01:47 PM Re: Croatia anybody?
Chus Offline

Thanks for all your input!!
Now I feel only 10 days is not going to be enough time to see this beautiful country.
I have a couple questions for those of you who went to Croatia.
1- How about the language? Do locals speak some English? Which language did you use to get by?
2- Public transportation? I see JasMadrid you drove so it wasn't an issue for you. Mhmartel, did you use trains or buses?
Thank you for your answers!

Chus

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1853 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments