Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#81244 - 01/03/03 09:33 PM Dublin
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
We have scheduled a trip to London for 6 nights in February, hotel included in the package. After which, I came across a site for Ryanair.com. They offer a roundtrip ticket to Dublin from London Stansted. We can go for $60 a person (almost the train fare to some English towns). We are considering doing a day trip to Dublin. With the current time tables, we would have 12 hours in Dublin for some serious sight seeing minus travel time to the airport. Spending a night could be done, but that would require double hotel costs as well as a more expensive flight. With that said, I have a couple questions:

1. Are we crazy?
2. Should we do it?
3. Understanding it would be a whirlwind tour, can we see enough in Dublin to make it worth it? I would be content with a tour of some chruches, maybe a museum, tour of the Guinness brewery and a pint or two.

We have never been to Ireland and this would be a quick and crazy way to do it. Keep in mind, I plan to return someday for a better tour to really do the country justice. Thoughts or advice?

#81245 - 01/04/03 06:58 AM Re: Dublin
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Ed, it's Christmas again! Book your trip now on http://www.ryanair.com/ before 7th Januray and you can get your ticket for £10 each way. Book into a cheap bed and breakfast, with the saving in fare helping this cost and enjoy the black liquid in an unhurried way. smile

#81246 - 01/07/03 04:38 PM Re: Dublin
miche_dup1 Offline

On my way back from stanstead today i saw an aerlingus advert in the tube, check it out!!!

www.aerlingus.com

From London Heathrow straight to Dublin!!!!! eek No messing about and mega cheap comparing to costs and time spent going to Stanstead with Ryanair. brrrrr,(freezing today)

Achooooooo!!!**$!&

#81247 - 01/08/03 07:07 AM Re: Dublin
aine Offline

Loc: bristol, england
Dublin is a definite must if you can, there's loads to see and do ( and not just alcohol related wink ), if possible an overnight stay is better because the nightlife, pubs, music are what make Dublin and you might feel cheated if you have to leave half way through a great night to go home.
If you do go, have a pint of the black stuff for me!
Áine

#81248 - 01/08/03 02:01 PM Re: Dublin
Ed S Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA, USA
Things just got better. A few years ago I did a Contiki tour to Africa. I met a young Irish couple on our tour who live in Cork. I emailed them our plans and they offered to show us around and let us stay with them. Looks like our quick visit turned into an over-nighter. Plus the airfare is still a great deal! We will be flying to Cork instead and enjoying the nightlife and sights there.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments