Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81234 - 02/20/03 08:00 PM Re: One day in London - ideas?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Looking through the hotels in so many guide books...I am dizzy. I found a place called Elizabeth Hotel near the Victoria train station read about it here
What do you think miche? It sounds pretty good and the price doesn't seem bad (especially including breakfast!) As you know Quevedo (Tom) and I are bringing along our girls...so we want to be in a nice neighborhood. Any thoughts? smile

#81235 - 02/20/03 08:46 PM Re: One day in London - ideas?
miche_dup1 Offline

Hola Esperanza & Co,

I've had a quick check in my A-Z and it does look very close to Victoria bus and tube station, which is very good, and is also within decent walking distance from main attractions. Looks like a lovely hotel too. Should be fine! and you'd be about 5-10 minutes away from London's Cervantes Institute, lol (not that you would come all the way to London to see the institute).
Victoria is nice and central.
Buen viaje, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Saludos smile

#81236 - 02/20/03 11:07 PM Re: One day in London - ideas?
Rafael Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
I was in London the last week of May last year.
checking in the internet I founded the Internet discount hotel online and their phone number 1-800-823-4979 they are conected with several hotels in the world. they find for me the Victoria Inn in London 65-67 Belgrave Road in Victoria. I paid 500 dollars for 7 nights. the room was small but has everything I needed and breadfast was included. and it was located about 5 blocks from Victoria Station.
the best places to eat were around metro stations. and if you buy fast food or drink don't walk with it, wait till you finish and leave the trash in the store. there are no places to put the trash on the streets and you ended walking with your trash in your hand.
and there are those 2 stores tour busses that takes you all around the interesting places in London, you pay 12 pounds or 20 dollars and it is valid for 24 hours, and in the bus you can hear the explanations of what you were seeing in different languages, you just have to choose the language you want and start listening. I did that, fist I stayed in the bus and go all the route and then started leaving the buss at the nexts stations, Tower of London, Big Ben, etc, walk around for a while and then take the next tour bus.
Rafael in Los Angeles

#81237 - 02/21/03 07:46 AM Re: One day in London - ideas?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Esperanza, I've never stayed at Elizabeth Hotel, only been in the lobby to enquire about rates (but have often stayed at a small hotel nearby which I don't recommend now that it's under new management). Elizabeth Hotel's location is great in front of a park with only minutes away on foot from the National Express Coach Station and British Rail's Victoria Station. You are also 10 minutes away on foot from the Thames and the Tate Gallery, and really only a skip and a hop from Buks Palace. I think you can't go wrong!

#81238 - 02/21/03 07:48 AM Re: One day in London - ideas?
plumepoppy Offline

Loc: canada
Esperanza, I've never stayed at Elizabeth Hotel, only been in the lobby to enquire about rates (but have often stayed at a small hotel nearby which I don't recommend now that it's under new management). Elizabeth Hotel's location is great in front of a park with only minutes away on foot from the National Express Coach Station and British Rail's Victoria Station. You are also 10 minutes away on foot from the Thames and the Tate Gallery, and really only a skip and a hop from Buks Palace. I think you can't go wrong!

#81239 - 02/21/03 10:45 AM Re: One day in London - ideas?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Wow! You guys are amazing! It is so nice to have friends across the pond! we were able to book 2 nites, including breakfast, for 216 pounds. It seems ideal for us. Thanks for your speedy and informative response. smile

#81240 - 02/21/03 11:11 AM Re: One day in London - ideas?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Hey, Esperanza: There's a double decker (open top tour) bus that takes you around London'w West End (Picadilly, the Admiralty, Buckingham Palace, Westminster & the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, etc., etc.). It gives you a nice tour of the City at a reasonable price (and the girls will love it up on top). It's a 'hop on,' 'hop off' and it runs much more frequently than the one here in Philly. rolleyes

As for dining in London: I hate it! mad They don't serve bread (or water) with their meals unless you happen to dine in an Italian restaurant in Soho. And then you have to ask for them. In London, I live on Fish 'n Chips. cool

Did you jump on some of those $99 each way tix on British Airways? confused

BTW
I don't understand the significance of 'Quevedo.' Is there some deeper meaning: something I should catch onto (like Torquemada eek or Don Pelayo rolleyes )?
P.S.
I received the book. Thanks for taking good care of it and returning it in excellent condition.

#81241 - 06/16/03 06:51 PM Re: One day in London - ideas?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Just getting back to this thread...we are finally nearing our trip! Thanks again or all of your responses. One more question: Will restaurants be closed by 10pm near our hotel in London? We arrive at 9 pm, so should we eat at the airport rolleyes ?? That just seems dreadful eek , but considering the options, it may be our best bet.

Two more questions: How much should it cost to get to our hotel from Heathrow? and are there ATM machines at Heathrow to get some pounds before we venture into a cab?

BTW: Eddie, Tom lived by the Quevedo metro stop when he lived in Madrid...that is why he chose that penname!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments