Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81112 - 01/27/05 01:56 PM Re: Belgium
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Haha...sorry! All this prep for moving to Madrid is causing me to be a little slow on the uptake smile

Well if EITHER of you have any questions, I can do my best to help :p

#81113 - 01/27/05 02:30 PM Re: Belgium
The_Keeper_at_Home Offline

Loc: Madrid
No worries MSE. You'll have a great time in Madrid, I have. Straight back at you, if you have any worries pre or post your arrivals, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

I arrived as a total non-spanish talker and thecity can be a bit over whelming at times so don't be afraid to ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

BTW You will have to get used to one or two things. Firstly timekeepeing. Don't be insulted if people turn up 15 minutes late, Spanish time is fluid, hence Dali.

Secondly, the city isn't finished yet. No matter where you look there will be something being built or renovated.

Thirdly, Spanish people will be walking around complaining about the cold when you are in jeans and T-shirt. It is cold today but when I arrived it was 23ºC and everywhere I looked I saw gloves, scarves and thick winter coats.

Finally, the majority of the people are friendly and like to try to be helpful. There are problems here but nowhere near as bad as in other parts of Europe.

Be safe, have a good time and be ready for the experience of a new and different culture.

M.

Everything you KNOW is wrong.

#81114 - 01/27/05 02:36 PM Re: Belgium
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
First pim wrote:
Quote:
Before I knew I was moving I had a course in wine tasting pending....I think I'll take a *very practical* beer tasting course in Belgium instead, he, he...
Then The_Keeper_at_Home wrote:
Quote:
PIM is going to Brussels as well (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) eek
Wait. WHAT?! Did I read that right????!?!? pim is MOVING TO BELGIUM?!?!?!?! MOVING? As in goingn to live there permanently?? How did that happen? We're losing pim? frown frown frown

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81115 - 01/27/05 03:12 PM Re: Belgium

PIM's keyboard is a little tongued tied so I get to answer...even though she'll kill me tomorrow.

But all said and done she couldn't resist the charms of this Finnish charmer. Tall, handsome and vibrant. What more can I say? wink

Anyway, seriously. We are going to Brussels shortly. Not permanently but for a while. After that, who knows? Depends on where the work is. We will be returning regularly, she for family, me because I love it in Spain. If it wasn't for tax reasons I would call Spain my home, but at the moment it suits me to say this about the UK.

#81116 - 01/27/05 03:13 PM Re: Belgium
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
"Wait. WHAT?! Did I read that right????!?!? pim is MOVING TO BELGIUM?!?!?!?! MOVING? As in goingn to live there permanently?? How did that happen? We're losing pim?"

No, you're not losing anything....it's just that "Mr. Keeperman" is "winning" me! :o ...and all thanks to this wonderful board, so there! laugh

#81117 - 01/27/05 03:17 PM Re: Belgium

See I told you. Tall, handsome and vibrant.

LOL.

Who could resist this aging, beer-bellied, super-sloth.

Belch.

Mañana guys.

#81118 - 01/27/05 03:30 PM Re: Belgium
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
OOOPS! We were posting at the same time, sorry folks! rolleyes

Marko, get home already!
wink

#81119 - 01/27/05 03:33 PM Re: Belgium
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
CURSES!!! mad ANOTHER "GOOD ONE" GONE!! ARGH!! rolleyes

Lucky guy. Hmph. Congratulations to you both. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#81120 - 01/27/05 04:14 PM Re: Belgium
JoeSambuca Offline

Loc: New York City
Hey Pim!

boohoo! frown
Madridman you have to stop this! use your Madridman super powers! we're losing Pim!

Seriously,
This is great news!
congrats, I hope you enjoy your new adventure.
Don't be a stranger and I'll miss seeing you when I go to Madrid (eventhough I missed you last time)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments